What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our local Mustang club went to see "The Thing" on I-10 in Arizona today. I'm sure many of you have seen the road signs between LA and El Paso...Talk about cheesy and what-not, but it was worth the $5!
Heck Ya... Who doesn't love Dinosaurs and Aliens?

Last edited:
4ADB1D95-003F-4DD7-8494-0E39994B8097.jpeg
I bought a new Mustang GT a couple weeks ago to replace my daily driver that had 244K miles. I quickly decided that I don’t want the new car to be daily driver so I started looking for a used car . I found that people want obscene prices for old worn out cars. I decided against a late model car and opted for this 73 Ranchero, unrestored in need of some work but the engine runs good and doesn’t smoke, the transmission shifts good, so it is now my new daily driver. I figured this will be cheaper and easier to work on then a late model car and will have a better value in the end.
View attachment IMG_1011.MOV

I went to a local car show last night. They have it every year but I haven't gone before for no real reason. I think because it is a Thursday night show I didn't expect it to be too large and it's not that close to my house. It turns out I was wrong, there were 680 cars last night, with a live band and food trucks and the Fire Department was there letting kids climb in and out of the trucks. I am glad I succumbed to a buddy of mine telling me to meet them there. I saw a bunch of guys there I knew, even a couple guys I knew in high school and haven't seen since those days. The most amazing thing was there were actually five 71-73 Mustangs there, three Mach 1's and two convertibles. I'm glad I got talked in to going. I took pictures of the last two I saw, I don't know why I didn't think to take pictures at first. I spoke to to the owner of the white car and it is a 60,000 mile all original paint all original drivetrain car, He also had pictures of a really nice 72 vert, and a gorgeous 69 Mach he also owns. It was nice to go to a show and see some friends and just talk to some nice, like minded people.

Attachments

• thumbnail_123_1.jpg
    thumbnail_123_1.jpg
    753 KB · Views: 0
  • 123_1.JPEG
    123_1.JPEG
    860.6 KB · Views: 0
It was a slow day on Monday, so I accidentally shot myself with a .22 magnum.....thru both legs. Should have worked on the Mustang instead!!
I did get a fun ride in a helicopter to the hospital, not my choice. Probably will cost me the price of a Mustang when I get the bill.

1691058351878.png

It was a slow day on Monday, so I accidentally shot myself with a .22 magnum.....thru both legs. Should have worked on the Mustang instead!!
I did get a fun ride in a helicopter to the hospital, not my choice. Probably will cost me the price of a Mustang when I get the bill.

View attachment 79800

That looks like the opposite of fun. They got you walking around yet?
actually I walked up stairs from the porch after the EMT treated me (it would have been hard for them to carry me around a landing), then into the ambulance for the ride to the helicopter, they did not give me a choice on the helicopter. I walked out of the hospital at 145am. Bullet went into the right leg near Tibia, out dead center of the calf and into the left leg under the tibia and out.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are going to be ok and wishing you a quick recovery. Your very lucky it didn't hit any of the bones

Now, the million-dollar question on everyone's mind, how did you do it.
Every night I take in 2 of my bird feeders, they are actually chicken feeders modified with wood pegs sticking out. We have bears around all day long but that night there were 2 bears that were not regulars, you get to know them. So I took a Kel Tec PMR 30, .22 WMR with me just in case I needed it to scare the bears away and it also has a light mounted on it (it was dark). Needless to say the safety was not on, my bad. So while I was holding the gun, shining the light on the ground as I picked up one feeder one of the wood pegs went into the trigger guard and BOOM. The PMR 30 has a very light trigger.

Back