What's your Mustang's name?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We name our cars, too. My 73 Mach 1 is Rusty (for obvious reasons). We named my 94 F150 daily driver Bubba, my wife's 2007 Fusion is the Blobletron, and the 86 F150 I am doing a resto-mod on is El Guapo. My son's first car, a 90 Saturn was called Rolling Death. For the last couple years of that car's existence, it had duct tape holding the front (fiberglass) fenders together.

"Screaming Yellow Zonker"

Why would you name a car after Yoko Ono?
OH NO! I can see it now but was not aware of that connection when the name was picked. It is named after the addictive pop corn candy from the same time period as the '69 Sportsroof that has the name.

Now I am going to think of Y O whenever I see the car. :mad: I guess that's better than having "OH YOKO" stuck in my (sic) head playing over and over. :s

Neither of my classic cars have names, but my wife called my Mustang "the Banger" the other day. Obviously I took exception to her comment and asked why, her reply "It's deafeningly loud and it's old, why would anyone want to go in it."

My friends dubbed it the "SKANK TANK", which is absolutely juvenile.

My sister called it "STANLEY"

My mom "YOU BETTER NOT BE BLAHBLAHBLAH..."

My dad and I mostly call it the "STANG" its just too simple.

I think these names are all used about the same amount.

My wife and I have names for all of our cars. Her 66 Restomod is named Sparky, my 73 Mach 1 is named Ginger, our 89 GT is named Xhex, our 1997 F250 Diesel pickup is named Bid Ed, our 05 Crown Vic is named Moses and lastly our 07 Coupe is named Annie.

Neither of my classic cars have names, but my wife called my Mustang "the Banger" the other day. Obviously I took exception to her comment and asked why, her reply "It's deafeningly loud and it's old, why would anyone want to go in it."
Aaaaand.... it's time for a new wife. :p

My first car 1969 my Grandma named Tilly.

My recent 1971 convertible is Mark..... :D

I decided recently that she is a "Bonnie". I always try to think of these tie ins to somewhat of a secret connection. So I got to Bonnie from Bonnie and Clyde, and the Clyde being from Cydesdale. This way I don't have to actually admit anything about the term Clydesdale if I don't want to.

It was very tempting to name it after one of the Budweiser Clydesdales. Duke, Captain, Mark, and Bud. Probably a good idea for any female 71-73 owner, though.

Back