Why can’t I see out ??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went one step better - my screen covers the whole useless rear view mirror.

attachment.php

You see, I may be a bit older than some of you.....just old enough to remember when custom vans were part of the scene. The vast majority of custom vans had curtains covering the rear windows, making it easier to make-out with your girlfriend, or hide the fact that you were "burnin'" a home-rolled back there. Even though vans had easy to view side mirrors, straight behind you was still unseen territory, but that never stopped anyone from having one.

I had a chopped '34 Ford coupe when the '71 Mustang came out. That coupe had a very small rear window, NO outside mirror, and a 2" x 4" inside rear view mirror. The side window in the door was so small you had to turn your head sideways if you wanted to stick your head out. We drove 'em all the time, no complaints, no heater, no a/c, no power brakes, no adjustable seats.  Nobody whined. Hot Rods are like girls wearing high heels......it ain't really comfortable, but you look soooo good.

( Yes, those are slicks being used on the street.....2 AFBs, cam, compression, and 4.11s made the Hemi sing. )

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just ordered from ebay the rear view clip on mirror with rear view camera for my 71.

Being in the UK and with Left Hand Drive, this car is dangerous!

I needed to pull into the right hand lane on dual carriageway and nearly took out another car that I simply could not see!

My car currently has fitted the small round door mirrors, the drivers side is ok but the passenger side one is a convex one which is useless.

Great first post, I was really laughing reading that :D

Driving my '71 Grandé is like driving a pillbox.

Then again, when driving the Mustang, what

is behind me is not important.  Heard that in a

movie somewhere.

mike
"What behind me is of no importance!" Driver of A.C. 427 cobra, Cannonball run. Truly awesome pre C.G.I. car movie!!

Driving my '71 Grandé is like driving a pillbox.

Then again, when driving the Mustang, what

is behind me is not important.  Heard that in a

movie somewhere.

mike
"What behind me is of no importance!" Driver of A.C. 427 cobra, Cannonball run. Truly awesome pre C.G.I. car movie!!
It was cannon ball run but is was the driver of the Ferrari who said that after he ripped the rear view mirror off

I remember just listening to the sound of the Lamborghini in that movie - thought that car was awesome sounding going through the gears

Back