• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 1973 Q code 351 cobra jet engine

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Detector

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q Code
1995 GT Convertible
I'm looking for a stock engine for my 1973 Mach 1 Q code. Will buy or trade a freshly built 1970 351 Cleveland 4V producing over 400 HP. Engine runs great it is not what I want for a daily driver.

I'm looking for a stock engine for my 1973 Mach 1 Q code. Will buy or trade a freshly built 1970 351 Cleveland 4V producing over 400 HP. Engine runs great it is not what I want for a daily driver.
Why not just detune the engine,unless you are doing a concourse resto? Just a thought. Sounds like you have a very solid engine already. There is not much differance in the engines, basicly a head change,if you are running closed chamber heads.

Why not just detune the engine,unless you are doing a concourse resto? Just a thought. Sounds like you have a very solid engine already. There is not much differance in the engines, basicly a head change,if you are running closed chamber heads.
I HAVE A 1973 MACH1 WITH LESS THAN 30 THOUSAND ACTUAL MILES CAR RUNS EXCELLENT AND YOU CAN HEAR IT RUN I WOULD BE MORE INTERESTED IN THE BUILT ENGINE AS LONG AS EVERYTHING IS GOOD THE ONLY THING THAT HAS BEEN CHANGED IS THE INTAKE AND CARB AND YES ITS THE ORIGINAL ENGINE AND MY CAR IS A Q CODE CAR THANKS 904 626 3345 OR 904 378 5022

I HAVE A Q CODE 1973 MACH1 WITH LESS THAN 30,000 ACTUAL MILES CAR RUNS GREAT THE ONLY THING THAT HAS BEEN CHANGED IS INTAKE AND CARB I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THE BUILT ENGINE IF EVERYTHING WAS RITE AND WOULD I HAVE TO RUN A STALL ANY ? JUST CALL 904 378 5022 OR 904 626 3345 THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
Finding a 4 bolt main 351C block that isn't already .030 over bored can be difficult and will not be cheap when you find it. Taking one to +.040 is really pushing the envelope with these blocks. The cost of the other parts and machine work will grow very rapidly As FAstE said a detune would be easier, faster, and cheaper. Chuck

I have a BUNCH of factory 4V motors, probably one close to what you're looking for. Call me at 205-222-3646 and we can talk. Kevin.

Have any 4 bolt main blocks? standard bore? I'll take it.

I have an original bore 73 Q code complete and the matching C6. If interested call with a fair price 425-330-6500

I have an original Q code motor in a 74 Torino. I don't know how many were made but its probably a leftover 73 motor. The whole drivetrain is original. It has a C6 and a 9 inch behind it. Just PM me if your interested.

I'm not sure how much Terry is on here lately. He sold his 73 and no longer looking for an engine. Last time we talked a few months ago he was looking to find another 71-73 to buy. Super nice guy though and I hope he finds a replacement for the 73.

Back