My Intro - and build thread

lduke12

Went and got the new rims and tires installed on the Mach 1 today and man o man I have fallen in love with my car, my pregnant wife is jealous of it now. I only have this pic so far there may be more after tomorrows Friday night Cruise in. :)

2djz14x.jpg

- Lee

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The 351c is about to be pulled from the bay, as well as the FMX. Got the complete new fuel system that will be routed from the tank along the passenger side using 1/2" tubing. Then going to install the new line lock system since there will be tons of room with the engine and trans out. Just received the Powermaster Mini high torque starter, Holley 4150HP 1000cfm carb, driving to Fresno tomorrow to pick up my newly ceramic coated headers.

"All I want for Christmas is to start this thing."

1588tc1.jpg

34nmkie.jpg

- Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Well spent the entire Friday pulling the 315C and FMX. Then we removed a ton of now useless wires, tubing, and hoses. Started fabing up cover plates for the shifter hole, and brake booster hole in the firewall to get ready for the new Hurst shifter and Wilwood non-power master cylinder with added line lock system.

Today finishing up the firewall brake hole cover, installing new carpet kit, degreasing engine bay and removing old nasty rusted battery tray.

333aefc.jpg

- Lee

Wow this is a great looking car you are doing there! Like that engine!![emoji12] Regards DK73

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Regards DK73

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Three nights in a row working till midnight out in the garage in the freezing cold here in Central Cali. Didn't get my Christmas wish of getting to start this beast up, but the 521 is all bolted in between the fenders and the new TCI C-6 is bolted up and mounted. Now its just all the small stuff and getting a driveline made. Also got all brand new suspension and steering put on the front end.

x3yiw.jpg

- Lee

I just now come acrossed this thread. You have a great looking car. What size of tires and wheels do your have? On your suspension, is the frt or rear lowered? Is has a very nice stance.

1973 Mach 1, Porsche Guards Red, 429/C6

1972 Mach 1, Grabber Blue, 302/C4, currently under construction

Regarding the suspension, as far as I can tell it has all stock components, I just put all new suspension and steering components in since I am putting that BBF 521 engine and C6 in. When I removed the stock 351C suspension it looked as though someone at some time had cut the coils to lower the front a little.

The rims as I have mentioned were custom ordered from American Racing, the rear are 18x10 and the front are 17x7. For tires I will have to check the size when I get home from work today but I know that they are Nitto and the rear are drag radials. Ill update this post when I get the actual tire size numbers.

- Lee