John J

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was built on 6/28/73

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

My Marti report (posted here somewhere too) states a built date of july 6th 1973. I emailed Kevin Marti the following:

"There is one thing I'd like to ask though: It states a built date of July 6, 1973 and I was told that that was the very last day that the Mustang series I was produced.

I was wondering of you could confirm this?"

His reply:

"It was the last day Grande's were built. There were a few other models of Mustangs built a few days later."

So there you go and yes, I possibly own the last Grande ever build :-) (still need to ask him that)

My Marti report (posted here somewhere too) states a built date of july 6th 1973. I emailed Kevin Marti the following:

"There is one thing I'd like to ask though: It states a built date of July 6, 1973 and I was told that that was the very last day that the Mustang series I was produced.

I was wondering of you could confirm this?"

His reply:

"It was the last day Grandé's were built. There were a few other models of Mustangs built a few days later."

So there you go and yes, I possibly own the last Grandé ever build :-) (still need to ask him that)

That cool Vinnie. That what I am trying to find out is when the last 73 mustang was built and if any member owns it.

John J

Looks like Vinnie's car has a VIN of 3F04H262848

I took a look at all the registered cars on insearchofmustangs.org and found the latest 73 VIN is 3F04Q263036 which is a Q code Grande. Based on this car's VIN, 188 Ford cars were produced after Vinnie's Grande.

Anyone claim this car?

Jeff

1972 Q Code Convertible

Mine was built 7/3/73.

Nice looking car Matt. Nice options too. Hey what does Trim Variation mean on your Marti report.

John J

Based on the build date of Matt's Mach 1 I would guess that the "trim variation" refers to the absence of Comfortweave material for the seats. The variation is that the seats are all vinyl. I have two late build Mach 1s that have all vinyl as well. Matt do you have a photo of your seat upholstery if it is original? This is the first time I have seen this in a Marti report. There are many cars that got this substitution. It seems to have taken effect in mid June 1973. My Marti reports do not show a trim variation but it could be something that Kevin added recently.

Steve

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code C6 Auto

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code 4 Speed

Of course I have pictures. Doesn't everybody? LOL

191004_25d6be22af_low_res.JPG.8ee1b53256231a20ca44f3ae207d6228.JPG190979_55b4409145_low_res.JPG.37bab42a25f4afcfb0e82b1dd7cf17fa.JPG

Mine was built 7/3/73.

Nice looking car Matt. Nice options too. Hey what does Trim Variation mean on your Marti report.

John J

Based on the build date of Matt's Mach 1 I would guess that the "trim variation" refers to the absence of Comfortweave material for the seats. The variation is that the seats are all vinyl. I have two late build Mach 1s that have all vinyl as well. Matt do you have a photo of your seat upholstery if it is original? This is the first time I have seen this in a Marti report. There are many cars that got this substitution. It seems to have taken effect in mid June 1973. My Marti reports do not show a trim variation but it could be something that Kevin added recently.

John J

Thanks Matt - Your Mach 1 has the same seat material mine and several other late build Mach 1s have. My Marti reports do not show "Trim Variation" as an option though.

Steve

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code C6 Auto

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code 4 Speed

John J

I am curious on what that really means as well now.

• 6 months later...

I took a look at all the registered cars on insearchofmustangs.org and found the latest 73 VIN is 3F04Q263036 which is a Q code Grandé. Based on this car's VIN, 188 Ford cars were produced after Vinnie's Grandé.

Anyone claim this car?

Yes... I own this car! Purchased it 4 1/2 years ago.

I took a look at all the registered cars on insearchofmustangs.org and found the latest 73 VIN is 3F04Q263036 which is a Q code Grandé. Based on this car's VIN, 188 Ford cars were produced after Vinnie's Grandé.

Anyone claim this car?

Yes... I own this car! Purchased it 4 1/2 years ago.

20160408_131206.thumb.jpg.907c08f0ba84914a7f2a15c5f8a92442.jpg

Mine was built on 5/14/73. I was wondering who had there built in late June or July. Does anyone know when the last one rolled off the line in 73?

John J

Little fan fare on the last 73 to roll off the line in Dearborn. No Mach 1, no vert, no"Q" code anything. 3F01L263891. A 7/73 built plain coupe, 250 6cyl, C-4, Gold Glow, with little else. So the end of the first generation Mustangs came to a very quiet ending.

:(

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!