351 w

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

Reaction score
My Car
Boss 302 -70
Mach 1 -71
Was there ever a 351 Windsor factory installed in a 71/ 73 Mustang with engine code H?

// Thomas

Thomas, as far as the info I have and checking back on some earlier posts here, it appears that they were in the Mexican Mustang's only. When the 351C made it's appearance in 1970 the 351W became the forgotten engine as far as performance was concerned in the US. Presently Ford Performance sells several versions of the 351W including stroked versions up to 427 cid with some very serious horsepower.

Was there ever a 351 Windsor factory installed in a 71/ 73 Mustang with engine code H?

// Thomas
To the best of my knowledge, no. Mexico had 351W's but I believe they were 4V's. I could be wrong on both counts though so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Yeah, I doubt that it was an option. But have a friend who claims here in Sweden that his 72H Code should have had a windsor from the factory, but I do not believe in him.

The car was sold new in Sweden (DSO 99)

Thanks for your answers!

// Thomas

Checking the partial VIN stamped on the block would settle the matter.

Chuck

Checking the partial VIN stamped on the block would settle the matter.

Chuck
Found no VIN on the block. But a build sheet under the carpet. And engine code says # K 611 S. and should be 351 C 2v if I'm not wrong.

// Thomas

Afaik there were no 351 wind sore in any 123 Mustangs except for the ones made in Mexico.

Mine has a Windsor but I put it in so its not original. :)

Afaik there were no 351 wind sore in any 123 Mustangs except for the ones made in Mexico.

Mine has a Windsor but I put it in so its not legal. :)
Fixed it for you.

Thomas, K-611-S indicates a Cleveland built "H" 351 2bl, with S being the design/revision level. Hope you bet something on it.....cause your buddy owes you!! :cool:
Unfortunately no bet,,, But just the pleasure of knowing better feels really good.

// Thomas

Back