4 post lifts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
Asking for input on good 8000 lbs. 4 post lifts for hobbyist use and storage. There seems to be a lot of different names on what seems to be pretty much the same lift. The prices seem to vary a lot more than the construction or features and accessories. I have a Direct Lift but I've had it 12 years so things may have changed. All input and suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Chuck

I have a Titan lift and really like it. Mine is 7000 pounds, and had no problem with my full size Silverado crew cab. They have an 8000-lb version listed, but their prices have increased (a lot) since I bought mine 7 years ago.

When I bought mine, Titan was very competitive in price. I got mine delivered with a sliding jack for under $2900 (through a local distributor, but the cost was still much less). No idea how other lifts compare now.

BendPak has the ALI (Automotive Lift Industry) standard, which also must meet the UL, ETL and ANSI standards. This is a big deal. Their lifts are tested for strength and safety. I am not aware of other lift companies that have this certification.

We have a Park8 (files attached). We have limited headroom in the garage where it is located. But we can put out 73 Mustangs, or 69 GT500, or 2020 GT500 up high enough to allow us to park our 97 Hinda Del Sol under it with about 3/4" clearance. That is after letting the raised ramp settle on the safety latches the hold the ramp up at all 4 corners. It is a little slow to raise a car, faster coming down, and the lkift motor for the hydraulic pressure runs on 110 volt. It helps make working on our cars much easier as I use it to life vehicles I am working. Be sure to get the center rail, sliding hydraulic lift option so you can lift the wheels off the ramp.

We are both very happy with the unit. I have attached a few files on our system, as well as a photo of it in use for a Winter Hibernation a few years ago.

Attachments

• 2020Shelby_4_1997DelSol_FourPostLift_Lifted_FromRear_20200416.JPG
    2020Shelby_4_1997DelSol_FourPostLift_Lifted_FromRear_20200416.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 2020Shelby_5_1997DelSol_FourPostLift_Lifted_DriverSide_20200416.JPG
    2020Shelby_5_1997DelSol_FourPostLift_Lifted_DriverSide_20200416.JPG
    912.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2020Shelby_6_1997DelSol_FourPostLift_Lifted_FromRearCloseUp_20200416.JPG
    2020Shelby_6_1997DelSol_FourPostLift_Lifted_FromRearCloseUp_20200416.JPG
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 0
  • direct ad 2019 (2).pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Direct_ProPark8P_BrochureL.pdf
    384.5 KB · Views: 0
  • PRO-PARK-8S-2020_Brochure.pdf
    403.7 KB · Views: 0
  • propark8plus_Setup.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • ProPark8Standard_Setup.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
BendPak has the ALI (Automotive Lift Industry) standard, which also must meet the UL, ETL and ANSI standards. This is a big deal. Their lifts are tested for strength and safety. I am not aware of other lift companies that have this certification.
I have a Bend Pak 10K pound capacity 2 post asymmetrical. I have had it for 9 years and like you I picked it because it carries the various important safety certifications. Unfortunately they have doubled in price since I bought mine. I have used the hell out of it with no issues.
Ron

Rotary as well as all the other brands owned by the same company are real proud of their ALI certification. That should include forward lift, rotary, and challenger lifts at least. Mohawk is another big player in the game, and lists the ALI certification for their products.

I think by definition, it being a set of standards, there would have to be several big names in lifts adhering to that standard. Otherwise it would be pointless. :D

I got my 12K# from Tuxedo Distributors
https://tuxedoautoequip.com/

They also have a 9K#.

I am very happy with mine. It actually lifts my 12K# E350. I have used it enough that I wore out the cylinder. It is rebuild-able.

Last edited:
I have 4 BendPak lifts (2)HD-9 and 2 HD-7500. COULD NOT be any happier. A great way to gain square footage without having to add on.

IMG_4661.jpeg

I have 4 BendPak lifts (2)HD-9 and 2 HD-7500. COULD NOT be any happier. A great way to gain square footage without having to add on.

View attachment 87849
Damn. And a couple of Trans Ams to boot!

Before I tell you where I am, Sheriff, there's just one thing I wanna say. You must be part coon-dog, 'cause I've been chased by the best of them, and son, you make 'em look like they're all runnin' in slow motion. I just wanna say that.

What are you using for air? Just shop compressor or something smaller? I am considering mounting a small airbrush compressor on the controller post.

View attachment 87849
Do you feel like the premium price for the BendPal is worth it? All 4 are very nice cars but, the blue one does it for me. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Chuck

I have a single BendPak 4-post lift. The only issue I had was after about ten years the hydraulic tubing that runs from the ram back to the hydraulic unit perished. When I say perished it crumbled into a zillion pieces causing the ram to drop oil everywhere. I rebuilt the ram at the same time. What I did was that I had the tubing replaced with proper rubber hydraulic hose.

Latest posts

Back