• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

'71 429 engine on Kijiji

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 351 4V 4-speed convert
I was checking kijiji again for parts and saw this ad. The seller indicates that it came from a 71 Mustang. If that is accurate, it is too bad the whole car wasn't saved. I guess it was too rough so the engine was pulled. Anyway, here is the link:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-engine-engine-parts-Ford-429-engine-W0QQAdIdZ472280570

Must be a pretty rare engine for a Mustang. I thought maybe someone here could put it to good use.

Spring is finally in the air: Stuff is coming out of storage. There is even an add in Ontario for what is apparently a '72 R code car. Hmmm... I do like '72 fastbacks...

I was checking kijiji again for parts and saw this ad. The seller indicates that it came from a 71 Mustang. If that is accurate, it is too bad the whole car wasn't saved. I guess it was too rough so the engine was pulled. Anyway, here is the link:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-engine-engine-parts-Ford-429-engine-W0QQAdIdZ472280570

Must be a pretty rare engine for a Mustang. I thought maybe someone here could put it to good use.

Spring is finally in the air: Stuff is coming out of storage. There is even an add in Ontario for what is apparently a '72 R code car. Hmmm... I do like '72 fastbacks...
I don't think the vehicle emissions control ID tag they posted a picture of is correct. The engine is probably a TJ not a CJ/SCJ. This is what it should look like on a 429 CJ/SCJ:

EmmisionDecal429CJ_zpsa625145c.jpg

I don't think the vehicle emissions control ID tag they posted a picture of is correct. The engine is probably a TJ not a CJ/SCJ. This is what it should look like on a 429 CJ/SCJ:

EmmisionDecal429CJ_zpsa625145c.jpg
Alas... Another too good to be true story :(

OPN: where is the 72 R Code located in Canada and what color is it?

Hey Ponypastor,

Looks like most of your question was already answered thanks to mweeps, so I'll just add in about the location: I'd say about an hour from the Sarnia ON. / Michigan border crossing.

Thanks, OPN, for the geography material on the R Code. The pix of the engine bay, as someone else observed on this thread, communicate a non-R Code car or motor. Wrong air cleaner and lid, valve covers and intake manifold, missing rev limiter, etc. If only the original 351 H.O. motor was there, price would be acceptable. Only 366 made.

Back