'71 Boss 12k miles. This one will be expensive!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we had more room for another pony car I would likely be looking to acquire a nice 71 Boss 351, just because. Luckily I am very pleased with our current mix of pony cars, and am not willing to part with any of them, even if it means a replacement might be a Boss 351. But, were I to be in the market for a Boss 351 I would expect to be paying a lot more for one in really good condition, even more so for a low mileage Boss, than I would be expecting to pay for a non-Boss Mustang. In my case, a 6 figure price would not scare me off, but it would need to be in near perfect condition for that kind of money, and all numbers matching for the power train as well.

I have heard of only one Boss 351 that had factory A/C in it, part of a special build for a Ford executive apparently. That would be the one I would be after, despite Boss Mustangs being intended for non-A/C high performance driving. I guess I am just a bit spoiled with A/C (aftermarket) in our 73 Mustangs and two GT500s (1969 and 2020, both with factory A/C). So, it seems a Boss 351 is not in the cards for me as it is not likely the one I found would be "the one" with factory A/C, and I would not ever consider adding aftermarket A/C to such a speciality Mustang.

Fortunately, I am more than satisfied with the pony cars we already have. I am not even lusting for a Boss 351, but I sure to like them...

Attachments

• AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_4of4_20211007.JPG
    AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_4of4_20211007.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 1
I wouldn't own a Boss 351. WAY too much money for a car I'd be afraid to drive - every trip brings down the value (with added mileage and wear) and increases the risk of something bad happening. No thanks.

Still, it's a gorgeous car, but I'm a little puzzled by the missing trunk spoiler.

I wouldn't own a Boss 351. WAY too much money for a car I'd be afraid to drive - every trip brings down the value (with added mileage and wear) and increases the risk of something bad happening. No thanks.

Still, it's a gorgeous car, but I'm a little puzzled by the missing trunk spoiler.
Wasn't the trunk spoiler an option on the Boss? That's what I thought I just learned recently in a post where I asked that.

Wasn't the trunk spoiler an option on the Boss? That's what I thought I just learned recently in a post where I asked that.
Could be. I don't know for sure. I don't think I've ever seen one without one, though. Just like it's getting harder and harder to find Mach 1s that don't have stripes, spoilers, Magnums, and Ram Air stickers (whether it has legit Ram Air or not).

My understanding is the the rear spoiler was optional on the Boss 351.

If we had more room for another pony car I would likely be looking to acquire a nice 71 Boss 351, just because. Luckily I am very pleased with our current mix of pony cars, and am not willing to part with any of them, even if it means a replacement might be a Boss 351. But, were I to be in the market for a Boss 351 I would expect to be paying a lot more for one in really good condition, even more so for a low mileage Boss, than I would be expecting to pay for a non-Boss Mustang. In my case, a 6 figure price would not scare me off, but it would need to be in near perfect condition for that kind of money, and all numbers matching for the power train as well.

I have heard of only one Boss 351 that had factory A/C in it, part of a special build for a Ford executive apparently. That would be the one I would be after, despite Boss Mustangs being intended for non-A/C high performance driving. I guess I am just a bit spoiled with A/C (aftermarket) in our 73 Mustangs and two GT500s (1969 and 2020, both with factory A/C). So, it seems a Boss 351 is not in the cards for me as it is not likely the one I found would be "the one" with factory A/C, and I would not ever consider adding aftermarket A/C to such a speciality Mustang.

Fortunately, I am more than satisfied with the pony cars we already have. I am not even lusting for a Boss 351, but I sure to like them...
It certainly is a nice collection you have Gil

Back