Chip Foose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c00d2cd9a3731a318937485c206b55d7.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im digging most of the stuff Foose is doing. I think he does great work, BUT those door handles look like shit! Just do not go with the car. Cant wait to see the finished product.

I like it a lot.

I guess once the paint is on the door handles will blend in nicely.

Problem is that we know about them and we always look at them. I wonder if they'd stand out on the finished car if we hadn't known about them.

I  like it a lot.

I guess once the paint is on the door handles will blend in nicely.

Problem is that we know about them and we always look at them. I wonder if they'd stand out on the finished car if we hadn't known about them.
Good point. But that being said I am not a fan of door handles that stick out on any vehicle. I cannot stand how they look on my Nissan either. I just like the smooth look of recessed handles.

Stock handle absolutely works for me. Maybe for it's time you'd have seen similar versions of them on many different models of cars and got tired of them but these days a 71 door handle is a treat for anyone who hasn't seen them for a long time. Every time I pull on the handle on my mustang I hear my self saying "oh ya I remember this feeling from when I was a kid." As I said before, some things as far as I'm concerned, need to be left nostalgic/ original like the feel of a door handle or the skinny feel of a steering wheel or even the experience of a roll down window. It kind of completes the experience of a vintage car. If I wanted modern muscle I'd by the new mustang. Of course there are improvements that can be made to the level of ones taste ex: fuel injection, suspension, better brakes but changing a door handle or putting on a modern steering wheel to me is replacing an apple with an orange. No improvement just different. Not a problem if you prefer oranges . A purist would say don't touch anything and you'd get the FULL experience but then my "HOT RODDING" gene wouldn't get exercised lol. Nor would Chips. He's ride is looking great!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the way it's coming along.

BUT, those door handles are going to look like a big zit on a baby's behind, no matter if we already know about them or not.

One thing I like about Chip is that he gets his hands dirty, not just draw pretty pictures.

e793577cbf47eb99ca3be1dce9fb5e28.png
ea9486a70b0accbee698558cb8599dd1.png
9a8c5369917ef2691350f68697303e25.png

That's changing for the sake of changing... simply kuz you da hotshot custom dude and you can't afford keep original stuffs.

Picking a 71 with a line that was for once, not too far from original prototype spirit, where a designer made a clear statement, with lots of nicely balanced details etc...

was bad idea in the first place.

He should pick ugly 80's or 90's cars instead or dare put back items that are obviously in harmony with no to little changes.

They are ugly, damn!!! The racing mirrors just fits the 71-73 so perfect, that's a huge mistake to change that!!! I am doing some modern touches to the racing mirror instead :)
Which race mirrors are you talking about buddy. Stock mirrors?

1d405752825af523024695c732b5237d.png

They are ugly, damn!!! The racing mirrors just fits the 71-73 so perfect, that's a huge mistake to change that!!! I am doing some modern touches to the racing mirror instead :)
Yes the stock mirrors buddy, they just suit the body so perfect! Aren't they called racing mirrors or is it sport mirrors? I cant remember :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the stock mirrors buddy, they just suit the body so perfect! Aren't they called racing mirrors or is it sport mirrors? I cant remember :D
I have to agree. I'm going stock myself.

f52b9c7b90e90b85b48fcc85b3f49f04.png
72e7f4d090958fd4771bf5ec516540ac.png

Entire head light assembly will push back 3" before it reaches the tad support. That's just stock stuff. The grill I'm assuming he completely fabricated from the stock dimensions

e977317d9d55e7a1e6b37ef720d349f1.png

Back