Convertible Roll Bar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KT-69

Reaction score
My Car
All 65 to 73
Anyone add a roll bar like the Shelby vert bar? Shelby kits are outrageous cost. I see later 87-92 bars for sale less than $300. I saw a 73 vert on Counting Cars with a roll bar liked the look.

Anyone add a roll bar like the Shelby vert bar? Shelby kits are outrageous cost. I see later 87-92 bars for sale less than $300. I saw a 73 vert on Counting Cars with a roll bar liked the look.
All I can say id if you do this mod be sure and get aftermarket (repop) interior panels. Suggest to not tear up your originals to do this.

Ray

I've wondered about the same thing. I think the style of some of the 2000+"ish" Mustang bars would look great on the 71-73 convertibles if you could modify them to fit. I've also wondered about having something fabricated, modeled after a newew Mustang. If I do it, as Boss1Ray says, I would buy aftermarket panels to modify. I have not played with the design, but I think if it was done right it could look nice and you could also have a 3rd brake light and 3-point seat belts. I would not mind even doing a rear seat delete and use that space for something more practical. I have not had a passenger back there since the 80's and I don't see that happening again. Losing the back seat could open up more options for the roll bar design.

Do a search on here and you'll find some other threads on the subject and pictures others have posted. I can see it looking great, but I can see it looking terrible, too.

All I can say id if you do this mod be sure and get aftermarket (repop) interior panels. Suggest to not tear up your originals to do this.

Ray
Thanks totally agree with what Ray said.

Latest posts

Back