Coronavirus.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a vacation plan for Yellowstone in the beginning of May. Have a 5th wheel camper and was planning on taking our time going and coming. Going to be gone for about 5 to 6 weeks. Now questioning if we should go or not. Going to wait until mid April and see how things are going before pulling the plug. Don't mind being on the road or the camp sites. It is at the park itself and other attractions we would like to see on our trip. So many people from various parts of the country coming together in one spot sounds like a receipt for catching the virus.

For all of us waiting to see what happens to cancel or postpone trips, I think those decisions would be made for us as all attractions close down. We were going to go to Costa Rica for Spring Break and we cancelled once flights started to get cancelled. Then we thought of driving to Colorado to ski, and the then ski hills closed. Now we are thinking of driving the Lake Michigan Tour Loop, but I wonder if it is a good idea due to restaurants closing down. We may end up taking day trips from home, or just work in the Mustang.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a college administrator, this has been a real challenging time. I have faced hurricanes, tornados, etc., but this could have us down for an indefinite amount of time. I told my wife today, no matter what we do the answer will probably be wrong. We just have to err on the side of caution.

I live in Heidelberg Germany, where public life is currently being shut down. only grocery and health care stores are open. Sometimes there are no trains or buses. The following are closed: schools and kindergartens, cinemas and theaters, restaurants and snack bars, public places ..., so everything that is not responsible for the care for survival and health. Avoid contact, no trips abroad and domestically. Only one thing remains ..., Mustang drive with my dear wife :) Stay healthy boys and girls. Greetings from the beautiful and currently sunny Heidelberg on the Neckar.

I told my brother to take unpaid leave since he works as a nurse, but how can you stop someone from doing what he loves the most. Hoping that the world will be heal soon enough.

Take care everyone.
Why would you do that? Your brother taking unpaid leave is not going to heal the world any quicker. Medical staff is required more than ever at the moment...

To all who are considering day trips (involving other people) etc: don't do it. Stay away from other people. We need to take this virus on the chin in a controlled manner meaning most of us need to get infected sooner or later, preferably more low-risk folks than high-risk folks. Most healthy people only get mild symptoms. When you heal from the virus you are immune to it afterwards. The more people become immune, the less it can spread and so we build a safer environment.

If we loose control hospitals will get too full and more people will die, also people with other diseases.

Be smart and slow the virus down so we stay in control.

I told my brother to take unpaid leave since he works as a nurse, but how can you stop someone from doing what he loves the most. Hoping that the world will be heal soon enough.

Take care everyone.
Why would you do that? Your brother taking unpaid leave is not going to heal the world any quicker. Medical staff is required more than ever at the moment...
Wow - it's almost as if medical personnel aren't allowed to protect themselves from exposure or something like that.  Last I checked, they're people, too.   :whistling:

Take care everyone.
Wow - it's almost as if medical personnel aren't allowed to protect themselves from exposure or something like that.  Last I checked, they're people, too.   :whistling:
Its getting crazy here in the little state of Idaho. Yesterday a guy was running around and yelling the world is ending and shot/killed a 8 year old child.

Cant find a roll of toilet paper in the whole state. 

Schools in Kansas city have shut down the rest of the school year. 

The only thing sane is my wife keeps asking for hot fudge sundaes from Mc Donalds..... Thanks Kilgon for planting that in her head. :-/ :D

Business's need to just shut down. Sending your employees out to play Russian roulette everyday doesnt say much about your leadership in business. One good law suit from a employee contracting corona and passing away? live with that and see what the public thinks of your business now, let alone the employees.

With all that said....this is what the national guard is for, they are paid well to stand by and wait for a emergency. They can test people. They can run mash tents. Let our non commissioned citizens stay home and be safe or at least give them hasmat suits to wear. 

Stimulus package is coming. Hang tight at home. If you need something bad (not a fudge sundae :) you can call and get it delivered. Or use the drive through winders!

Take care everyone

Rod and Sally

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where social media will help us. Go do a video of you doing something on your car. Fix all those little things you have been putting off. 

Think how it was for your grand parents. They did not have to go to town and get a donuts and coffee every day. They went to town when they needing something that they could not raise at home. They bought 20 lbs. of flour not one lb. They did not go to the gym they worked. They did not go to a movie there were none. They did not go out to eat there was nowhere to go. Just go back in time and work your ass off at home like your grand parents did. 

I got my seed for garden and some live plants for broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussel sprouts today. Got all my seeds and will be in garden tomorrow. I can raise more food than 6 families could use easily. If it comes to it I will put by the road for free. This is something we have control over we just have to take control. Do not go anywhere just stay home and you should write down a journal as this will be one of those once in a hundred years events.

When I first posted a warning lots made fun but it is real and here for all to solve. STAY HOME and keep away from others.

We have to keep the mustangs going.

Cheers,

Its getting crazy here in the little state of Idaho. Yesterday a guy was running around and yelling the world is ending and shot/killed a 8 year old child.

The only thing sane is my wife keeps asking for hot fudge sundaes from Mc Donalds..... Thanks Kilgon for planting that in her head. :-/ :D

Business's need to just shut down. Sending your employees out to play Russian roulette everyday doesnt say much about your leadership in business. One good law suit from a employee contracting corona and passing away? live with that and see what the public thinks of your business now, let alone the employees.

With all that said....this is what the national guard is for, they are paid well to stand by and wait for a emergency. They can test people. They can run mash tents. Let our non commissioned citizens stay home and be safe or at least give them hasmat suits to wear. 

Stimulus package is coming. Hang tight at home. If you need something bad (not a fudge sundae :) you can call and get it delivered. Or use the drive through winders!

Take care everyone

Rod and Sally

:whistling:

Take care everyone

Rod and Sally

Hey man calm down you are freaking out. This is just another day in life. Live it as best you can. Life is never perfect. Vacations get screwed for sure. Just work on that car and tell your family you love them many times a day.

This is an epic time in our lives and we have to support each other. We just have to stay away from each other to make it work.

Take care everyone

Rod and Sally

Hey man calm down you are freaking out. This is just another day in life. Live it as best you can. Life is never perfect. Vacations get screwed for sure. Just work on that car and tell your family you love them many times a day.

This is an epic time in our lives and we have to support each other. We just have to stay away from each other to make it work.
 Im not sure if you pointed that at me? whos freaking out, its not me ??? I have fudge sundaes to keep me calm  lollerz

This is where social media will help us. Go do a video of you doing something on your car. Fix all those little things you have been putting off. 

Think how it was for your grand parents. They did not have to go to town and get a donuts and coffee every day. They went to town when they needing something that they could not raise at home. They bought 20 lbs. of flour not one lb. They did not go to the gym they worked. They did not go to a movie there were none. They did not go out to eat there was nowhere to go. Just go back in time and work your ass off at home like your grand parents did. 

I got my seed for garden and some live plants for broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussel sprouts today. Got all my seeds and will be in garden tomorrow. I can raise more food than 6 families could use easily. If it comes to it I will put by the road for free. This is something we have control over we just have to take control. Do not go anywhere just stay home and you should write down a journal as this will be one of those once in a hundred years events.

When I first posted a warning lots made fun but it is real and here for all to solve. STAY HOME and keep away from others.

Cheers,
Plant a garden!  Excellent idea as spring is / should be breaking out all over about now.  

In jest:  If anyone knows where I can get bumper seeds or convertible top seeds, let me know.  :cool:

Our gardening season in the So Cal desert is a little different and for us, at this point, it's too late to plant the veggies that need a long growing season and can't tolerate extended heat.  That said, I and neighbors are exchanging what we do grow (plum tomatoes from me, asparagus from next door, etc) and nearly everyone has a ton of citrus at this time of year, and it's placed in a "Free" box at the end of our driveways.

And thanks, C_M_M for being amongst the early voices.

Cheers,
Plant a garden!  Excellent idea as spring is / should be breaking out all over about now.  

In jest:  If anyone knows where I can get bumper seeds or convertible top seeds, let me know.  :cool:

Our gardening season in the So Cal desert is a little different and for us, at this point, it's too late to plant the veggies that need a long growing season and can't tolerate extended heat.  That said, I and neighbors are exchanging what we do grow (plum tomatoes from me, asparagus from next door, etc) and nearly everyone has a ton of citrus at this time of year, and it's placed in a "Free" box at the end of our driveways.

Other ideas to plant: toilet paper, hand sanitizer, alcohol or just a whole Mustang  lollerz lollerz

Cheers,

Other ideas to plant: toilet paper, hand sanitizer, alcohol or just a whole Mustang  lollerz lollerz

Im getting ready to make drinkable hand sanitizer!! rofl

.... or rocket fuel for the Mustang!

Let us know where so at least nine of us can go crash your garage to enjoy a Drink & Mustangs evening!

You do realise hand sanitizer is not known to also strip paint?

Cheers,

I always wondered what they meant by"bumper crop" .......

Back