Doug The Dog's 73 Convertible Restomod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!! You did an awesome job!! She's beautiful. Only one word of advice for anyone liking the SSBC, the plungers for the parking brake on the rear have a tendency to be a little weak. Keep an eye on it for a few days just to be sure its not leaking. They dont sell "parts" so obviously you can go to AutoZone for replacement calipers since you know what it is!! Hopefully it wont be an issue

Wow!! You did an awesome job!! She's beautiful. Only one word of advice for anyone liking the SSBC, the plungers for the parking brake on the rear have a tendency to be a little weak. Keep an eye on it for a few days just to be sure its not leaking. They dont sell "parts" so obviously you can go to AutoZone for replacement calipers since you know what it is!! Hopefully it wont be an issue
Thanks for the heads up! They leaked when I first installed them and bled them. Turns out the copper crush washers weren't sealing. I replaced them and no more leaks. I've had the car sitting on an incline for a few days with the parking brake on (and a rock behind the left front wheel, just in case). So far, so good!

The windshield is in and it's starting to look like a REAL Mustang!

glass1.jpgglass2.jpgglass3.jpg

Travis,

That windshield looks really good. Did you guys pull out a couple of chairs and enjoy that Corona while the sun was setting and enjoying the view?
::beer::

Installing "Dynamat". On my third day. Whew! I can only work on it from 8:00 till 10:00 in the morning and then again after 6:00 at night. It's too hard to work with it when it's over 100 degrees! (although it does lay down real nice!)

dynamat.jpg

Getting close Travis. I think that you need a road trip up to WA.

-john
I think you're right, John! My wife wants to take a trip to Oregon, maybe we can make a loop and head over to your part of the country!

I finished up the Dynamat and am in the process of installing the new carpet. Decided to take a break from all that action and install the rear speakers! The PO had already cut holes for 6 1/2" speakers, so I didn't feel too guilty about cutting another one for the tweeter!

rear speaker.jpg

Travis,

Yeah, I am also looking for a good place to mount speakers but don't want to put holes in the original panels. Wound up getting repop panels so I hope it fits ok. The car is looking good BTW. When I first saw the pic of your speakers I thought no way Travis cut holes there. Then I read the post :)

-john

Mine had speakers in the same location. Problem is they don't sound good. Not even close. Those panels are open at the top and the whole thing does not provide an enclosure. Now you need an enclosure for speakers to work or at least enough shielding in between front and back of the speaker for it to move air. When the top is up it still kinda works but as soon as the top is down it's like a squirrel farting in a hurricane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back