Fuel Pump/ Carb

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hotboss

Reaction score
My Car
1970 Boss 302
I am currently running a Holley 750DP on my Boss 351, and have an aftermarket fuel pump on the car. I wanted to switch back to the stock 351C fuel pump and was advised not to by my mechanic, that the stock fuel pump would not be able to feed the 750DP adequately. Any suggestions on how to keep the stock fuel pump and the Holley..or is there a formula I can check out to be able to manage which size fuel pump with size carb I can match up

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming the engine is mostly stock the original Carter pump (PN 2062), or equivalent, should work fine. What are you using for a fuel pump now? Chuck

if u race it a lot then yes keep what u have.. but if u just punch it now and then but mostly cruising. change it back to orig. i'll assume your engine came with a 4brl, but most likely a 600cfm.. i don't see any reason not to use orig... but u'll find out fast if it's starving for fuel..

i have a 750dp on my car with a stock mechanical pump works fine.

the big issue might be if the engine was not setup for a mechanical fuel pump eccentric when it was rebuilt.

The fuel demand is not just (or even primarily) a function of the carb size or DP vs VS. It is more a function of the power capability of the engine as a whole. As Chuck has stated, if your engine is stock or near stock, the stock fuel pump may be adequate.

Latest posts

Back