Holley 12-305 OE Style EFI Fuel Tank Modules, 255 LPH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helldive

Reaction score
My Car
71Mach1
90LX
07Ram
Gentleman ... 

Forgive me if this post is misplaced... i did a search but could find nothing on this subject..

The above Holly in tank OE (Replaces the OE fuel sending unit) EFI fuel pump kit is for a 1970 mustang ...

Other than the fuel gauge needing to have the correct set up .... Can anyone see why this unit for a 70 couldn't be tweaked a tad to work in a 71????

Below is a link to this pump. Thank you for your time. 

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Holley-12-305-OE-Style-EFI-Fuel-Tank-Modules-255-LPH,391173.html?sku=42512305&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=CjwKCAjwndCKBhAkEiwAgSDKQdLo__QJL-ieirmvE-RB8w_Vr_iNFJz31vXuykLmv8HJvDrwlXpwnhoC08IQAvD_BwE

If it were me, with no other options, I would buy a new correct sending unit and a EFI fuel pump and adapt it to the new sending unit.

The biggest problem with using the stock tank for EFI is the lack of a sump, which provides a small reservoir of fuel when the fuel in the tank is low and the fuel sloshes from one end to the other, or side to side, when accelerating, stopping , or turning, leaving the pickup high and dry. There are after market pump assemblies that mount in the top of the tank that do have a very small reservoir.

There is at least one expensive EFI tank for '71-'73 Mustangs 

Aeromotive FT76 Stealth Fuel Tank Kit Gen II 340 LPH 1971-1973 (cjponyparts.com)

Edit: Make that a 429 sending unit, that has the 3/8" outlet

SENDING UNIT ASSY, FUEL TANK - #9275-4D - National Parts Depot (npdlink.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back