Inside rocker panel rust treatment

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1976 Ford F150 4X4
1994 Caprice Wagon LT1
2004 Ford Focus ZX5
While separating metal pieces and spot welds over the weekend in preparation for the new clip install I had to remove the end cap of the rocker panel and replace it with one not rusted from the new clip. I removed a mouse nest from inside in the front of the rocker about 12 inches back. I should coat the inside of the rocker after I weld up the floor pans but would like to know what some of you guys have done. I know eastwood has a spray bomb with a hose attached but I would like to use rust bullet. Im leaning toward using a sponge method that "Q" used on his cowl and instead of pulling the sponge through with string I would use a long shaft and access through the removed en cap like the pic shows. By the way I have complete pics of the project so far but my pics are all huge HD quality and I have to figure out the best way to put them on so Im just putting up one using tiny pic to see how that goes.

2cr90nl.jpg

They make extension wands for airless sprayers. Perhaps you could either adapt the wand to what you are spraying with or use an airless sprayer and adapt the material to the sprayer. I have used extension up to 15 feet long with an airless sprayer.

Just a thought.

Do you have Windows XP or Windows 7? XP, Rocketfoot already has a link to resize pics under the "Forum help FAQ's" . Windows 7, you need to use the "paint" function and resize to 2592 x 1944 pixels.

Back