New Purchase and new member in AL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyxffyg

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible 4-speed "Q" code
Hello from south AL. It's been a long time coming but finally bought my 72 Mustang convertible. This one is in exceptional condition. Would love to say it is factory original but no. It is very factory but it was painted in 1998 and new top in 2000. Documented 45,500 miles. It came with a 351 cleveland cobra jet "Q" code with 4 speed and a/c. The original owner got the car as a graduation gift from his father who owned the ford dealership, and had him add ram air at the dealership (not sure about the spoilers). Besides that I believe it to be original. Needs a clutch and air conditioner compressor is frozen up. Hope to take it to "Cruising the Coast" this year.
Thanks,
Lynn

1688067868432.jpeg
1688067917711.jpeg
1688067959961.jpeg
1688068003442.jpeg
1688068459994.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome from Ohio. Very nice-looking vert. It's always nice to have the history on the car. I know a few of the members on here have a/c parts for sale. You might want to do a "parts wanted" post for a compressor unless you already have a resource or plan on going a different route.

Hello and welcome form SW Ontario, Canada.
That is a very nice find and importantly, you have the back story.
My car was also bought as a graduation present for a young lady, who owned it for over 30 years. The "story" makes the car.
I'd suggest getting the car expertly appraised at least for insurance purposes. It could be valued a lot higher due to surging costs of repairs.

Welcome from Mobile. Nice looking car.
Thanks Tom.
Welcome from Ohio. Very nice-looking vert. It's always nice to have the history on the car. I know a few of the members on here have a/c parts for sale. You might want to do a "parts wanted" post for a compressor unless you already have a resource or plan on going a different route.
That sounds like a good idea. Thanks

Back