• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parting out 72’ Sportsroof 2F02H100534 - Near Weed CA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The neutral safety switch conversation is giving me deja vu.  I remember our '71 being like @Bentworker's and having only the two connectors (white and black), but couldn't recall why.  

I'm hoping this is the answer.  According to West Coast Classic Cougar, there was a running change made 12/1/1971 from the 2 connector to the 3 connector. https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/c9zz-7a247-c-used.html?a=GoogleProductSearch&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrqy75Zjm6wIVtBx9Ch1SagOZEAQYCCABEgIZ7PD_BwE&pk_campaign=689785599&pk_content=154423720703&pk_kwd=&pk_medium=cpc&pk_source=GoogleAds&sessionthemeid=26

Good luck,

Nick

BTW, big thanks to @Bentworker on the hinge plates (farther up in this thread).  Here they are after a little cleanup.  Aside from my clumsiness dropping the plate down the pillar, they worked great.  We now have a working driver door.  

Here's a few tips if you're replacing the top plates on a mostly assembled car:

• Tie a piece of thin twine through the top bolt hole on the pillar plate and tie the other end off to something stationary.  If you drop the plate, you can always just pull it back up and try again.
  • Have a helper on the outside guide you and be ready to put a bolt into one of the plate bolt holes (they can see, you can't)
  • While you're there, replace all the bolts.  In my case, I snapped all 3 trying to loosen them so I didn't have a choice.
  • Oh, and on the door side plate, that's a 3/8" square drive hole in the middle.  Use a 3/8" ratchet to help persuade the plate into place.

Best,

Nick

2020-09-13_06-23-54.png

Items still available for local pickup near Weed CA.

Rear window (small scratches, but better than many) $70

Standard dash $free

Door shells ($200/ each) Would clean up nice with a blast or dip. They do have holes where the trim is secured.

3.00 open Ford 9” complete with parking brake cables $300)

The shell is  going to the scrapper in a week or three.  If there is anything you see in the photos that you may want inquire here and I will post a price for whatever catches your eye.  Keep it in mind that nearly everything inside is junk because it had no windshield for 18 years outside in the weather.

Do you still have the rear valence ? It looks good in the pic. If so price and shipping to 37160, thx
I still have the rear valance, and it is in nice shape.  I’m not excited about the idea of boxing it up since it is so big.  If Mike is willing to ship his I’d say go for it.   I’d want $100 plus actual shipping cost or $80 local pickup.  I’ll be back home at the end of the week and can measure it up and get you a shipping estimate if you don’t strike up a deal with Mike.

I still have the rear valance, and it is in nice shape.  I’m not excited about the idea of boxing it up since it is so big.  If Mike is willing to ship his I’d say go for it.   I’d want $100 plus actual shipping cost or $80 local pickup.  I’ll be back home at the end of the week and can measure it up and get you a shipping estimate if you don’t strike up a deal with Mike.
I might have found one so if that falls through then we can figure out if Mike wants to ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back