Rust, Desicions, Rust...and Oh Yeah More Rust - Thanks Michigan

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I KNOW why I went to California to see it first and then buy my car. I probably didn't pay much more for a zero rust car.

Here's a couple of pics of the inner floor pans.

My bad, I shouldn't be doing this, sorry.
Well now that was just mean Stanglover!! Lol

:bravo:

...and I don't know...how much did you pay for yours?
Yeah, sorry about that. It was just plain mean and I shouldn't have done it.

Actually, I absolutely applaud anyone with the tenacity and money to bring any Mustang back from the junk yard or parts table at the swap meets. Please keep us up on progress.

As for the other question, about 10 grand less than I should have for a car in that condition.

All the best ,

Geoff.

Edit: corrected a typo, second sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:
lollerz

Here - so you'll feel better about yours.

I think you get the point. :whistling:
lollerz

OK... OK... So maybe mine isn't that bad... That made me feel somewhat better.

::thumb::

So this is yours? What are you doing or did you do with all that rust???
Yes - the early days. I replaced all of the sheet metal I called out earlier in the thread with either repops or pieces from a donor car. The car looked really bizarre when my buddy towed it to the body shop - a big ol' mix of new and old pieces with literally no body work having been done... just the new sheet metal in-place. I also had all the small parts in a big box in the back of my truck along with the doors.

attachment.php

It all came out in the wash (that's it in my sig pic below). I'm also not trying to hijack your thread, so you can check out my COTM thread here: http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-cotm-been-a-long-road-1971-mach-1-frankenstang

Or click on the 'Frankenstang Album' in my signature (for all 400-ish pics of the gory details).

Thanks the advice. Rust Bullet was awesome on my surface rust after wire wheeling and degreasing. Even after I applied Rust Bullet I still spayed with chassis black and next will lay down dynamat before the carpeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back