starting question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i think that where my problem may lie. i bought a new alternator harness last year it has a green wire with a fuseable link. does it go to the (t) side of soleniod?

All fusible links are connected somehow to the battery side of the starter solenoid or to a junction box that is connected to the battery side.

What in the world do you mean by the "(t) side of the solenoid"?

yea thanks don i found this picture last night. i took back the new starter relay and they gave me a better one at no cost now just got to charge the battery and see if this solved the problem. will keep you updated if it did or did not.

Where do you all have your ground battery cable grounded at?

Last edited by a moderator:
Going by memory, I believe mine goes from the negative battery terminal to a grounding point on the frame rail, below the solenoid, and then to a bolt on the engine block. The original cable was one piece, with a grounding tab in the middle for the frame rail connection. I replaced it with two cables joined at the frame rail, one from the battery and the other to the block.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going by memory, I believe mine goes from the negative battery terminal to a grounding point on the frame rail, below the solenoid, and then to a bolt on the engine block. The original cable was one piece, with a grounding tab in the middle for the frame rail connection. I replaced it with two cables joined at the frame rail, one from the battery and the other to the block.
That's how I did mine, too.

ok so replaced the solenoid charged the battery and replaced a;; battery cables and now getting nothing at the key. but if I short out starter relay it turns over strong. so now im gonnaa replace ignition switch and see if that is my problem

Back