trunk carpet kit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang coupe complete restoration
any1 out there purchase a complete trunk carpet kit from Laurel Mountain Mustang.com I just got mine and it didn't come with any directions as to how to put it in or where all the pieces go. I think I have it mostly figured out other than the quarter piece that goes around the marker light. there is cardboard on the bottom part of the piece and i'm not sure if that gets bent to the floor or just go down. If anyone can help that'd be great. thanks

Those pieces are designed to extend the floor all the way over to the inside of the quarter panel - effectively closing off the lower quarter panel 'black holes' on each side (stuff gets lost down there, bounces around, and messes up the lower quarters from the inside).

Hope that helps!

Those pieces are designed to extend the floor all the way over to the inside of the quarter panel - effectively closing off the lower quarter panel 'black holes' on each side (stuff gets lost down there, bounces around, and messes up the lower quarters from the inside).

Hope that helps!
yep it sure does that's kind of what I thought but wasn't sure

thanks a bunch

BTW - do you have a coupe, 'vert, or fastback? If you have a fastback, how does the kit fit (since they're supposed to be for coupes/'verts)?

OK - cool. I was planning on getting the kit for my Mach 1 and just making it work (not knowing how different the parts would fit), but was secretly hoping you were already doing that. Oh well - I'm still gonna order one and see what's up.

Thanks!

Oh yeah - PICTURES!! We want to see your awesome car!! ::welcome::

+1!
I'll try to get sum pics soon

OK - cool. I was planning on getting the kit for my Mach 1 and just making it work (not knowing how different the parts would fit), but was secretly hoping you were already doing that. Oh well - I'm still gonna order one and see what's up.

Thanks!

I'd think it'd fit pretty good I think the floor would be the same

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I believe you're correct. I'm thinking that pretty much everything should fit just fine, with the except of any kind of pieces that ride up higher than where the upper level of the trunk ends (i.e., the coupe/'vert trunks aren't as tall as the fastbacks). Those kinds of pieces might come up a little short - to which some extra carpet could be added to bridge the gap (if it's even noticeable).

Thanks again!

Yup, I believe you're correct. I'm thinking that pretty much everything should fit just fine, with the except of any kind of pieces that ride up higher than where the upper level of the trunk ends (i.e., the coupe/'vert trunks aren't as tall as the fastbacks). Those kinds of pieces might come up a little short - to which some extra carpet could be added to bridge the gap (if it's even noticeable).

Thanks again!
the way it looks with the one I got that piece behind the seat will work just fine its pretty tall I don't think you'd notice it at all

Back