What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put in my passengers side weather strip, and rear 1/4 window. Also installed passengers side rotor so I could put a front wheel on the car for the. first time in 10 years!

View attachment 22361

I put in my passengers side weather strip, and rear 1/4 window. Also installed passengers side rotor so I could put a front wheel on the car for the. first time in 10 years!
Congrats! Pretty great feeling (and a little weird) when you hit a long time milestone, eh? ;) :D

Got the headliner completely secured (pulled the windlace "clamps" and checked for poor adhesion spots... only a very few, though). Cut-in and installed the sail panels and sail panel insulation. Was going to get busy on the quarter windows, but turns out both of the rear cage nuts of the lower bracket mounts have disappeared (probably into the rocker voids). Gotta swing by the hardware store tomorrow morning for a few of them to get busy on that sub-project. Decided to mount up the steering wheel & horn button (got a Grant Classic wheel) - just to test it out, mounted up one of the horns - no "Beep" though... forgot to scrape paint at the mounting point for good ground... and it's freaken hot... so I'll do that tomorrow, too.

Just took the Q Code for a spin around my hometown, with my 16 year old daughter. Need to replace power steering belt before I let her drive.

Recovered my driver seat, Weklded the seat frame, and generally puttered around in the garage.

20140809_173841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do I start??? We wire the electric choke, wired the tac, found out plug four was fouled because of a loose wire, got reverse lights working, put the entire dash area together, got the vents/servos working, got the horn working, traced and found a grounding issue in the dash, repair the trunk lock, finished bleeding the breaks, and determined what we need to work on next.

It was a long and productive day. We thought the car was not shifting bit it appears to be shifting very early out of first into second. Modulator adjustment?

Please post a photo or 2, that will likely cut down on noise too.

Please post a photo or 2, that will likely cut down on noise too.

Took one quart and rolled on easy. I did not have enough to complete the sides and will use the aerosol spray on to finish.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cut my finger real bad in July and had to get the tendon surgically reattached. So I wasn't able to do anything that I wanted so far this summer. Finally rust-proofed my drivers door inside and out, wire-wheeled and epoxy sealed the few places it rusted through. Waiting for it to dry so I can sand and prime. Then I can put the drivers door back on the car and I can start pulling and replacing the brake lines.

I learned a lot on seat one and now I will remove the cover from the passenger and redo it. Safety wire may not be for the purists but is sure made this job a ton easier. Twist and tighten is a great way to get everything straight. I completed the center console rejuvenation and also got another chance to weld. I had a half inch crack on the seat rail that had to be welded up. My weld was much better this time. The new welder is nice to have around.

Finished up the headliner and sail panels today. Installed the quarter windows (roll-up conversion), and the weatherstripping rails on both sides.

Here's how the headliner came out - crappy camera still:

994492_891579684186284_3302268305540436572_n.jpg

68908_891579687519617_2784531603088853738_n.jpg

Next weekend, we'll install the weatherstripping, and start getting ready for carpet (got a lot of nit-noid things to do... like locate seat belt holes, mount the shifter, mount the dimmer switch, etc.)

Latest posts

Back