What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next picture is not for faint hearted!

Upgrading my brakes, drum to disc.

Calibers are from Skyline and discs are Mercedes.

Please forgive me, this is just a budget issue...:shootself:

DSC_2226.JPG

Rebuilt the Edelbrock 1405 carb. The float valves were waaaay off. Put it on, and the car runs like a beast now. Just what it needed :) Hopefully this will solve my start-up issue. It was like the car wasn't getting fuel unless I really pumped the accelerator.

Took it for a ride and everything is great. Didn't even have to play with the mixture screws, Edelbrock had that just right.

Had to let the mustang rest. Parting out the old 69 Ford Econoline van from my hippie days. Took the engine, transmission, entire rear axle housing and the front spindles off. Took five hours with no power tools I am tired. Selling the engine / trans. The rear is a N case 9" same as Mustang so it will probably go in the 72 Q vert. Going to use the front spindles to make an axle for the Mustang trailer I am going to make from rear section of 72 vert. Too much rust for my taste but make a great trailer maybe half vert top and couple seats with snap on cover while towing and a umbrella for shows.

David

Use the sale money and get a compressor and a couple impact guns.

Money well spent IMO

Good luck with the sale!

Paul

Rebuilt the Edelbrock 1405 carb. The float valves were waaaay off. Put it on, and the car runs like a beast now. Just what it needed :) Hopefully this will solve my start-up issue. It was like the car wasn't getting fuel unless I really pumped the accelerator.

Took it for a ride and everything is great. Didn't even have to play with the mixture screws, Edelbrock had that just right.
Really proud of you Liz!

Wish my better half could help me out but she just does the shotgun thing :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't shoot me. The PO had already hacked the dash and rear deck apart to install some crap from radio shack. I cleaned up his mess. No more giant speaker grills in the rear deck. It looked like he chewed the holes for them. I cleaned it up, installed the 6x9s from below then carpeted the rear deck to hide them.

Hey guys, this is my first post. Let's see, today I finished getting my original '72 wheels and hubcaps back on my maroon beauty where they belong. It was a pretty long and tedious process, but they are finally on and looking pretty! Check out the pics and let me know what you think!

IMG_2724.JPG

I cleaned up his mess. No more giant speaker grills in the rear deck. It looked like he chewed the holes for them. I cleaned it up, installed the 6x9s from below then carpeted the rear deck to hide them.
Nice job, Jason! Looks Awesome! ::thumb::

I wasn't exactly thrilled with the factory rear package tray treatment either, so I got a roll of that black auto carpet from Auto Zone and carpeted my package tray. Looks a TON better, IMHO.

OK - my big news: My title issues are finally all straightened out and my car is legal!! Yesterday, I received my surety bond from my insurance company and took all the paperwork to the local DMV. They lady there was really friendly and processed the paperwork in about 15 minutes. She explained the differences between Texas Antique, Classic, and Standard registrations - which basically equates to the following:

• Antique: you can only drive the car to parades, car shows, and to get it maintained - no occasional cruising or Sunday Drives, etc. Tickets will be issued if pulled over and not adhering to the rules.
  • Classic: Same as 'Standard' registration, just gotta wait 3 weeks for the plates. No special considerations of any kind... just "Classic Car" printed on the plates, subject to annual safety inspections and registration renewal.
  • Standard: just like any other car, no restrictions on driving, gotta get annual safety inspections with registration renewal.

So - you guessed it: I got "Standard" registration and took the plates home with me. I'll be installing them this weekend, and take Mrs. 4x4 for a spin to Sonic Saturday Night for its first official drive in 36 years!

I might check into getting a personalized plate next year, but I think the car speaks for itself. We'll see.

Stayed tuned for pics of the plates and some shots from first official drive later this weekend!

I cleaned up his mess. No more giant speaker grills in the rear deck. It looked like he chewed the holes for them. I cleaned it up, installed the 6x9s from below then carpeted the rear deck to hide them.

I wasn't exactly thrilled with the factory rear package tray treatment either, so I got a roll of that black auto carpet from Auto Zone and carpeted my package tray. Looks a TON better, IMHO.

OK - my big news: My title issues are finally all straightened out and my car is legal!! Yesterday, I received my surety bond from my insurance company and took all the paperwork to the local DMV. They lady there was really friendly and processed the paperwork in about 15 minutes. She explained the differences between Texas Antique, Classic, and Standard registrations - which basically equates to the following:

• Antique: you can only drive the car to parades, car shows, and to get it maintained - no occasional cruising or Sunday Drives, etc. Tickets will be issued if pulled over and not adhering to the rules.
  • Classic: Same as 'Standard' registration, just gotta wait 3 weeks for the plates. No special considerations of any kind... just "Classic Car" printed on the plates, subject to annual safety inspections and registration renewal.
  • Standard: just like any other car, no restrictions on driving, gotta get annual safety inspections with registration renewal.

So - you guessed it: I got "Standard" registration and took the plates home with me. I'll be installing them this weekend, and take Mrs. 4x4 for a spin to Sonic Saturday Night for its first official drive in 36 years!

I might check into getting a personalized plate next year, but I think the car speaks for itself. We'll see.

Stayed tuned for pics of the plates and some shots from first official drive later this weekend!
SWEET!!!!

::thumb::

SWEET!!!!

I went to Allstate to add the 73 vert to my insurance and they just called up Hagerty and got my policy there. I think $251 for $25,000 coverage only use for shows, crusins, and occasional trips.

I also took two of the wheels and tires off and cleaned. I shampooed the carpet. I will singe the fuzz off tomorrow with torch. Makes it look much better an old used car trick. Where the carpet gets fuzzy with wear use a propane torch and pass it over it and melt the fuzz down some.

I need to get the carpet and seats in so I can see if this thing will run after 25 years.

added a fire extinguisher and mount, one step closer to being ready for the track

t6qdtz.jpg

[align=justify]

I wrestled, and do mean wrestled all day with my exhaust. It still is not right!!
Is that a kit? if so what did you wind up using? Installing/adjusting [/align]exhaust is always fun...

[align=justify]

I wrestled, and do mean wrestled all day with my exhaust. It still is not right!!
Is that a kit? if so what did you wind up using? Installing/adjusting [/align]exhaust is always fun...
Hangars from CJ ponyparts, the rest was ordered through a specialty shop. They are working with me to help me de-bug the problems. Tough to restore one of these things when you have a 50hr a week corporate job and can't work on the car until the weekend when they are closed.

Mufflers are on the wrong sides, inlets should be close to the drive shaft.

Back