What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished the floor replacement and got it in primer today.

I used Bill Hirsch's Miracle paint where there was surface rust and along the welded areas then primed with Interguard 269 Epoxy Primer
So RHD did you convert? Air conditioner would be tough to find here in US but not there I guess.

Cursed and bled on it some more last night. Got the drivers side done. Hoping the steering coupler and idler arm I ordered that are coming today fit better than the ones I ordered previously. If so I will get everything back together tonight. The Moog idler arm sucks something fierce. I was able to find a Proforged 102-10076 Idler Arm on Amazon which has been discontinued for quite some time but I have heard from several that it fits properly. I am now trying a Lars 201 steering coupler from Rock Auto, the Scott Drake one I purchased is completely wrong, nubs are too short and it would not even go on my steering gear box.

My son, home from his first year of university, and I dropped the front wheels and adjusted the coilovers to raise the front to solve some interference problems with the sway bar. This also leveled the car out nicely. On the wheels it appears all is good with a minor shortening of the sway bar LCA links needed. Tomorrow we will confirm and tweak the links as necessary then perform a full interference check. We also need to run the steering lock to lock to confirm break lines are OK. Once determined all is OK we will align it, reconfirm interference and then give it a run. Throw it up on the lift re-confirm all is OK once more, re-torque everything and be done with what has been somewhat of a PITA installation. Hoping to be finished in a couple of days.

Today finally got some color on it. Luckily the weather held out. Came out pretty good and will do the rad support and chassis rails in black tomorrow hopefully.
Looks like you missed a piece mate ;-)
Nope just had to wait until next day to chassis black the rest, got it done but the rain came 5 minutes after last coat, no big deal just a few water marks on the rad support

Finally finished the floor replacement and got it in primer today.

I used Bill Hirsch's Miracle paint where there was surface rust and along the welded areas then primed with Interguard 269 Epoxy Primer
So RHD did you convert? Air conditioner would be tough to find here in US but not there I guess.
Many owners ago they started the conversion, I've had to fix all their problems as they made a mess of it, they used Aussie Falcon steering but spaced the box incorrectly and didn't do the chassis rail/firewall mods well so rather than try to correct it and probably still have geometry issues i decided to go for a RRS power rack & pinion set up for RHD, expensive but will solve the problem and give improved steering. As for air con I have purchased an Old Air complete kit which has been set up for RHD and will use my original a/c dash control etc. Yet to install it so can't report yet but will post in my build thread. When I purchased the car it was missing some parts but thanks to some forum members parts are easy to get and not expensive except for the shipping charges which are sometimes more than what the part is worth. That's what I get for living near one of the world's most remote cities!

Installed the A/C compressor, heat exchanger, dryer and lines in the 73 convertible... what a pain getting at all the bracket bolts!

Painted my block and I think it is just what I was looking for. The car is OD green, and I wanted a copper engine paint but also wanted a brush on, so I compromised with POR15 Olds gold. I really think it's going to look good with black valve covers, aluminum intake and a fresh satin black engine bay. 

ip6GVcWl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who grew tired of my wheels threads here's a small update. Over the weekend I put some rings on my bastardized Magnum 500- dog dish rims and I really like what see. Let's see how long that'll last. :)

attachment.php
attachment.php

For those of you who grew tired of my wheels threads here's a small update. Over the weekend I put some rings on my bastardized Magnum 500- dog dish rims and I really like what see. Let's see how long that'll last. :)

attachment.php
attachment.php
That looks better, lets see what you can come up with next time

Got the bitch back in. Motor and trans as one unit. Me and my one armed buddy.
Awesome. Did you leave the headers on, or in the engine bay, or off?

Did you install the fan later or in with the engine?

I see you used the carb plate. Did that work well with engine and trans?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trying to decide which filter to keep, the RAM Air or the offset one. I had to modify the RAM Air to fit under the hood because I am using a 1" spacer between the EFI and manifold (I didn't modify the original one, but one that I found used). Thoughts? Obviously the "RAM" effect would be limited with the simple filter.

Modified RAM Air filter w/o snorkel:

Offset simple filter:

Technically nothing.. but also technically alot. Dropped of a deposit on my solid roller cam (unknown specs at the moment) and all the things to make it work today. My local engine builder couldn't find anything in the comp book he liked so he will let me know when he finds something on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday). I really just need to figure out my fuel system at this point but I'm leaning towards megasquirt 3 so I can keep all the custom injection stuff I already have and run 2 o2 sensors. Here's a pic for no raisin:

y8sR0FLl.jpg

Trying to decide which filter to keep, the RAM Air or the offset one. I had to modify the RAM Air to fit under the hood because I am using a 1" spacer between the EFI and manifold (I didn't modify the original one, but one that I found used). Thoughts? Obviously the "RAM" effect would be limited with the simple filter.

Modified RAM Air filter w/o snorkel:

Offset simple filter:

Like the RAM Air base look.

Took a hike through a salvage yard today. Strange to see all these cars many from the 40s and 50s in the middle of a forest. It was so massive I needed to use google maps to get my bearings and find my way out.

Back