What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cleaned the gutters out, took cap off chimney and did some cleaning for the wood heater. Swept the roof off of leaves and twigs. Going to have to start burning the wood heater soon getting into the 30's and 20's here. Put some corn out for the deer and bear. Got the .458 Win. Mag out will take to garage tomorrow. I can line up three deer and take with one shot, lol.

After some major cleaning of the garage, picking up some big tools (26-gallon air compressor, low-profile transmission jack, full set of wheel skates, and a tow bar), I'm finally ready to bring Dave's Jeep home from Harry's back yard.

My wife decided we needed to rename the Jeeps, since Dave's Jeep is being pieced together from others, it's now "Klooge."  "Klooge" was a name Dave used to use for his toon when we played Unreal Tournament so many years ago, so I asked my wife if I needed to rename mine to "Dookie" (my toon's name), and just like that... "Dookie" it is.  My wife likes to name our vehicles, and she's pretty much a genius about it, as well... so, it's all good.

Here we are in front of Harry's house with Klooge hooked up to Clifford (The Big Red Dodge - wife's fault again, LOL).  It towed like a dream... probably would've been even better with the right amount of air in the tires.  LOL!

IMG_0755.jpg

Tow bar from Tractor Supply for only $150.  Not a bad deal.  Did just fine.

IMG_0756.jpg

Finally found a use for the bumperettes, since there's so much bondo on the side panel, and since the diamond plate's non-ferrous...

IMG_0757.jpg

And here we are in the driveway.  Klooge and Dookie, brothers reunited, and will be donors for a major heart transplant between the two.  

IMG_0758.jpg

Tomorrow, I start in on getting Klooge ready to pull the 304 & TF-999.

Don't worry, the Mach 1 is safety tucked away in the garage, and I have some motivation for a quick turn on this project, since Klooge is blocking it in - ain't goin' nowhere until I get this Jeep out of the way.  Not to mention, the wife's not all that impressed by having her car hanging halfway out from under the carport... even MORE motivation to get these engines swapped in the next few days.

Way to go sir!  Your brother is praising you from above!  You made him grin BIG.

Serviced my Amplifier because it farted at me in the rudest possible manner when I turned it on   :classic_huh:   

Complex electronics should not suffer from chronic flatulence  :classic_dry:   

toshiba 620.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised you're using the new-fangled technology of transistors.  I always figured you were a vacuum tube guy. 

Looks to be a late 70s-early 80s integrated amp, very nice. Pray tell ,what is the bank of high wattage wire wound resistors used for? Chuck

Drove my daily driver to the Medford Oregon car show.  I may have finally found the right person to paint my 71’.  The paint on this 65 was outstanding.  The owner and the painter were at the show and we had a good chat.

E11A5065-2446-4792-9D31-65FEAF699F90.jpeg

Back