What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a few things I have done with it. The fender is aluminum from a hailed out f150. I had the railroad track in the shop. I just did the Backhalf of a 90’s s10 pickup frame yesterday
Very nice. Any warpage on body sheet metal?

Very nice. Any warpage on body sheet metal?
You can get warpage if you don’t have it set right and take your time. I have done the bottom side of hoods with great results. I did a bronco hood that was coyote swapped and the interior completely done but they left the outside patina alone and it didn’t warp or discolor the outside paint at all. The bronco was done for the creator of the tv show the black list who is from here

The other side of my yard was 25 triaxle loads of fill, plus another 5 of topsoil. I have a big pile of topsoil that I stripped off so hopefully I won't need any. I think I'll be at 2 loads of 1 1/4 process for the base and 3 of 3/4 for the topcoat. Then it gets to sit over the winter and settle.

Cut concrete in my basement and dug out the 100+ year old dirt to add a bathroom in the basement. Having two daughters is driving this project.

Next up will be tying into the 100+ year old cast iron. Going to be blast trying to get the old lead and oakum joint apart.

Attachments

• basement1.jpg
    basement1.jpg
    933.6 KB
  • Basement2.jpg
    Basement2.jpg
    723.2 KB
  • Basement3.jpg
    Basement3.jpg
    766.1 KB
Dragged this home last night and then spend $40 blasting off the years of nastiness. 1972 Country Sedan 400-2V, C6, tilt, air, dual facing rear seat, power locks. Very rust free, but like many southwestern cars, the interior is well worn. I jokingly told my daughter it'd be her first car, now she's all about it.

1729080255365.png

1729080292229.png

Pretty cool. Funny that when I was young, I wouldn’t be caught dead in a station wagon, but now I wouldn’t mind having one. A car show recently had a really nice falcon 2 dr wagon. Have fun with your new toy.

That should be a really cool project! Hope you keep us posted on your progress with it. Here's one that popped up out my way. Would love to get something like this, but I've already got too many irons in the fire.1729088756553.png

This past weekend I intended to go to the Mustang Steve “Bash” in Bakersfield CA. Things came up at work that squashed that, but I was able to make a cannonball run to the Chico Concurs show in my 67’ Toyota Stout on Saturday. A little over 300 miles round trip. My pickup is the “revival” white one. Lots of wild rides in Chico. Rain hampered the car show a bit but I was glad to be there.IMG_6543.jpegIMG_1649.jpegIMG_1648.jpegIMG_1660.jpegIMG_1650.jpegIMG_6553.jpegIMG_6550.jpegIMG_6546.jpeg

I've got too many irons as well, but this was too hard to pass up. Now the 71 Squire has a friend.

@basstrix Those base '72 Torinos are really hard to find, seems everyone wanted the Gran Torino with the fishmouth grille. There's a 72 Q-code 4 speed Gran Torino Sport locally that's been wasting away in a side yard. Unfortunately, by the time it gets sold off the only thing that'll be any good is the drivetrain.

Last edited:
Back