Yellow Mach 1 is back again!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The car is looking great Kevin! I can't wait to come get her. I thank you for all your hard work and attention to detail. Your work is unparalleled, I don't think I will want anyone else to ever work on my car again. You have given her a new life, my dad would be proud if he could see her. I now feel worthy of parking mine next to yours at the shows this summer. Thank you again!

The car is looking great Kevin! I can't wait to come get her. I thank you for all your hard work and attention to detail. Your work is unparalleled, I don't think I will want anyone else to ever work on my car again.  You have given her a new life, my dad would be proud if he could see her. I now feel worthy of parking mine next to yours at the shows this summer. Thank you again!
Hey no problem Mike!  Glad to see you finally on here!  As long as your happy with the car, that's all that matters!  Introduce your self in the introduction section, theres a good group of guys here!! And if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Got fuel line fitting and carb spacer installed. This is first fire up. Now to clean up and hide wiring. Then finish buttoning everything up. And tune carb and set timing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got fuel line fitting and carb spacer installed. This is first fire up. Now to clean up and hide wiring. Then finish buttoning everything up. And tune carb and set timing. 

I agree....

::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

How'd those Hookers fit?   :D

That sounds SWEEEET!

Nice work there Kevin. Everything has turned out looking just the way it should, brand new out the factory...…. with a few tweaks.

Your customer is going to be stoked!

Geoff.

Thanks Guys. Should be able to get the rest of it close to buttoned up tonight after work. If not I will hit it Saturday.

The Hooker headers fit awesome. Very easy to install from under the car. But I kinda cheated. I left motor mounts bolts out and lifted the engine and trans up a few inches with my hoist then slid the headers right in. Ton of room with engine lifted a few inches. Hooker seems to have built a very nice set of headers and hopefully the coating holds up well...... they were pricey but worth it!!

Got radiator in and all fluids filled. Got wiring all buttoned up and hidden. Fires right up and sounds great but still need to tune it and set timing. Have a small fuel leak up at carb so didn’t run it much. Just a fitting leaking. Getting closer!!

6BE972E2-6F00-4685-AE4C-6A8BF50CDBED.jpeg

8E123024-605B-4FFE-B22E-11B0CB06A0DE.jpeg

7B205E82-5E0D-40B4-B118-BC39C5174B9D.jpeg

Kevin, just one minor crit. The HP PS hose is too long and has no neoprene wrap for protection and vibration. It will rattle like crazy I'm thinking. Also please remind me, is this a 71? Only 71's had the PS hose up over the shock brace.

Apart from that, and please don't take that the wrong way, it looks amazing.

Geoff.

Kevin, just one minor crit. The HP PS hose is too long and has no neoprene wrap for protection and vibration. It will rattle like crazy I'm thinking. Also please remind me, is this a 71? Only 71's had the PS hose up over the shock brace.

Apart from that, and please don't take that the wrong way, it looks amazing.

Geoff.
Thanks guys. This is a 71 and the hose is how it came to me. I just put it back on how I found it. Do they sell the wrap you said is missing??

Back