How old were you?

1sostatic

Ok ... I'm a limey Brit and I'm asking an impertinent question here. 

How old were you when your 7173 Mustang was born?

My car was born 27th April 1971 ...so 

I was 7 and 4 months  ... and what a little s**t I was too  :-/

sig2.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car was born on (produced at the factory) on 4/19/73. It was 3 year 5 months and 20 days before I was born. My sister was only 48 days old when my car was born.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Jajaja....my car was 15 years old when I was born!...and then wait another 20 years to be mine.

Enviado desde mi SM-G9600 mediante Tapatalk

My '71's build date is 12/70, so I was five months old

Wow Hemikiller. Very close to mine.

My 71 was built in 12/70 and I was four months old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

I was 17 when I purchased my brand new 71 M code, ram air hardtop.

I was also seventeen when my convertible and B1 were both built but had to wait forty years to take ownership of them.

Bookend 71 b1, scj convertible.

"Your vehicle was actually produced on March 23, 1973"

So I was 6 years 7 month and 25 days.

About the Mach 1 Sprint from Mexico, no Marti reports, but should be more or less the same.

For the story, In 1973, my parents bought a brand new Ford Taunus station wagon.

Mustang, Mach 1 and 351

My car was May 1972, so I had just turned 6 years old. I bet when the first owner bought the car it wouldn't have entered his/her thoughts that there was a kid in Australia half a world away waiting in sombre moody anticipation to become the middle-aged custodian of the vehicle.

brett-gocart-3b.jpg

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

Since I am one of the old farts on here I am a little different, I am 71. I ordered my car on March 30, 1973 and it was built May 11, 1973 and shipped May 14, 1973. I picked it up on May 24, 1973. Sticker price was $5,203.92 and after taxes and discount out the door for $4,803.95.

I was born March 5, 1948 so I was 25 at the time and a Journeyman Tool & Die maker and made good money. So I am an original owner not too many out there.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

I'm another O.F., I had already spent 3 years in the Army and had started a career. My '71 rolled off the assembly line on April 27, 1971, I had turned 26 the month before.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

My 73 was made on 6/28/1973

I was 22  when it was made and bought it on 9/20/73

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

OMG .. a thread I made that lasted more the 3 posts  :P ... but it does show we are a bunch of old farts  ::thumb:: my car is 7 years 4 months younger than me ... and moreover... more appealing to look at  :shootself:

sig2.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

My car was born on June 11th 1973. I was 15 years 9 months and 14+- days older.

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was built 30 Sep 1970, just 2 years and 9 months after I was hatched (My B-Day is New Years' Eve).

Eric looks like are cars are 22 days apart. Mine is a Metuchen car. Whats yours?

I was born 1/3/69. So I would have been 1 year 8 months and 5 days.

- Mike