super crappy (PROJECT) boss 351 on ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way. But, it does have an ORIGINAL carb, which must be worth between $4 and $1400, right? Holy mother of pearl, if anyone pays $20,000 for that, I'm going to sell my convertible to him for the same price, and start selling 71 - 73 Mustangs for a living! I'll retire before school starts in August!!:cool:

That car has been for sale in the Boss 351 section of the Boss 302 Registry forums for maybe 2 years now, for anywhere from about $11K on up. He changes the price up and down from time to time. The carb is about a $3500 piece, if it's correct. Just information, not a comment.

Steve

Seen a similar Black with argent striped Boss351 in the UK just outside London. Went to look at Mach1 out of interest and found the guy selling had a collection of mustangs in his back yard including a 71 429 SCJ, a couple of 351 Mach1's plus the Boss351 which had been brought into the UK, but never registered. The body was severely rusted.

I've seen seen it advertised on UK ebay for £12,000 pounds (approx $19,000). Sad to see it outside being eaten up by the rust worm.

Didn't think Boss 351's came with the honeycomb rear trim, was this an extra?

Last edited by a moderator:
As noted by Roy, only 1806 were made.

As most of you probably know, I am NOT into the "restoration" end of our hobby but if I were and was looking at "investments", I would definitely consider this "offer."

Having lived a relatively long time, I have seen many limited production vehicles "appreciate" to the point that vehicles once considered "basket cases" are now highly desirable but beyond the fiscal capacities of "regular" folks.

...just my $.02.

BT

having lived

I didn't realize the boss's were 'sports roof' and not 'mach 1'. Learn something new.

The only person who would pay that is someone who wants to recreate an original boss and have the vin to prove it. Not my cup of tea.

Surviour? I don't think so.. I would vote it off the island.

I didn't realize the boss's were 'sports roof' and not 'mach 1'. Learn something new.

The only person who would pay that is someone who wants to recreate an original boss and have the vin to prove it. Not my cup of tea.

Surviour? I don't think so.. I would vote it off the island.
Mach 1's where sports roof. sports roof is the body style mach1 or boss is the engines ,trim and such.

Didn't think Boss 351's came with the honeycomb rear trim, was this an extra?
Supposed to have the tail panel painted, not honeycomb. But who knows what people have done...
That's right, in flat black.

One of the first 71-73's I saw was back in the late 70's. I heard it coming down the road first - that old mechanical lifter sound. Turned round to see a lime green 351 Boss.

The owner lived in the same town and when I bought my first wedge we got to know each other and became very good freinds. Sometime in the 80's he sold the Boss, buying it back in the late 90's early 2000's in a more sorry condition.

He set about accumalating parts to restore her, stripped the car down and was having work done to restore it. Unfortunately the owner passed away 18 months back. His son is now finishing the restoration. I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing that car again for a lot of reasons.

* My car - Not forgotten about the build sheet, will get the youngster to do what's nessasary.

Back