Bojo's 73 Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9/16/14

Quick update for today. All the glass is now back on. The rear and front windows are on and this week end it can get washed. This weekend I will try to get the interior finished and then I will get the exhaust back on.

IMG_2698.JPG

IMG_2699.JPG

It's close.. Are you gonna try to make ponies in the park?
I am going to try to be there but unfortunately the car won't. The state wants to inspect the car after its done before they will license it. It hasn't been driven since 1990 and they want to inspect it to make sure its safe. Also I don't think I want to take it any great distance until I have a few miles on it. When you get your car done we will have to meet somewhere to get nose to nose pic of our cars.

9/17/14

This evening I got the wiring for the overdrive done with the exception of the one that is attached to the center console. The control box for the OD is located in the glove box. Also got the door speakers in both doors and the kick panel and scuff plate installed on the passenger side.

Tomorrow I will try to finish the drivers side and start working on the rear window louver.

IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG

9/18/14

So today's accomplishments:

• Finished installing the carpet on the drivers side,
  • Installed kick panel and scuff plate on driver side
  • Got the center console in, clock is working.
  • Finished the Gear Vendor wiring
  • Started to install Rear Window Louver.

Not sure if I have the Gear Vendor wired up correctly. When I turn power on to run but not started the only indication is one red light on the control box. The red and green LED's don't light up. Couldn't start the car because no exhaust and it was late so I don't know if that makes a difference. Hopefully that's the issue. The documentation for the GV is really poor, they need to update it.

Tomorrow should have the front seats in and the rear louver completed

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

Thx for the comments guys.

The seats are on and everything associated with them work properly, auto seat back release and the seat belt warning light. I'll be finishing up with the rear window louver later today.

On the schedule for this weekend is to get the hood back on and the interior door panels on. I am not completely satisfied with the driver door window so I'll probably try to tweak it some more.

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

9/20/14

Today I had to fix an oil leak on the oil pan. I think that the cork gaskets compressed and the nuts were all loose. Hopefully its fixed.

Mike and his friend Mark came over and with my neighbor we got the hood installed It's not quite right so I'll let the painter tweak on it when he puts the striping kit on. Since the hood isn't right yet I'll also have him install the hood locks at the same time.

Started to work on the interior driver door panel but not much progress on it yet but I'll work on it some more tonight.

Plans this week is to get the exhaust on and the car will then be street legal and I can get it inspected. If every thing goes as planned I should be done bt the first week of October.

Few pics of the car today.

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

Back