Bojo's 73 Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does it have to be inspected? They stopped inspecting out of state cars for title change a couple of years ago. I didn't have to have mine inspected when I brought it over from Iowa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does it have to be inspected? They stopped inspecting out of state cars for title change a couple of years ago. I didn't have to have mine inspected when I brought it over from Iowa.
When I spoke to them they want to make sure that it's road worthy and the Vin numbers match the tittle. They also said to bring all the receipts that I had for the new parts. I think its the states way of ensuring stolen parts aren't used or the car isn't stolen. The car hasn't been on the road since 1990 so that may be another factor.

Your current engine won't match, will it? Are they gonna want you to pull a fender?
Hope not, I have the receipt for the new engine. If they need to see the original one I have that too.
What the he-doublehockeysticks is wrong with your state. I can understand wanting to inspect the VIN, but beyond that it is BS. I could even understand a safety inspection (all lights function correctly), but the engine? Craptastic little hitlers wanting to inspect so they can feel like they are actually worth a damn to the taxpayers.

Sorry for the rant, I just get a little irrate over some of the intrusions we have to face as supposedly free men!

10/24/14

Took the car in today to get the exhaust put on. You can tell winter is coming now and it was twilight when I loaded the car up so I attached a pic with the parking lights on and a side view so that you can see what the stance looks like. I used the Pypes 2 1/2 inch exhaust with X pipe and 3 inch exhaust tips. Also did a quick video of the sound. Depending on the weather tomorrow I will try to shoot a high def video of the car from startup and how it sounds outside of the garage. Next on my to do list will be getting the stripes on which will happen in early November. After that I can say I am officially done with the resto but as everyone know there's always something else to add.

Link to Video:

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3008.JPG

IMG_3009.JPG

The car is going to the paint shop on Monday to get the hood realigned since I had to remove it when the motor was removed. They are going to put on the rest of the stripes and hood locks and it will be done. Vehicle inspection is on Jan 9th and I'll be driving it when the winter weather is gone. The only thing about the Monday date is if there's ice on the road then there will be a sight delay.

In the meantime I have been working on the Ram Air system. Checking to see if I will have enough clearance with the Blue Thunder intake. The major issue right now it that the MSD distributor sits so high that the air cleaner base hits it. Looking at ways to make the necessary clearance. I'll start a new thread on that when I actually start modifying the air cleaner.

Also going to try to fabricate a radiator shield. Going to make a mold and see if I can get a vacuum formed one made.

I'll update with pics of the completed car as soon as it is done.

Oh yeah I couldn't resist trying it out so I put it on the street in front of the house and it wants to get up and go. Plenty of power on tap :)

thx

11/24/14

Delivered the car back to the painter this morning and he is going to try to have it ready for pickup on Friday. I'll post the final pictures when I have the car back.

That's great news, John! I'm excited to see the finished project!

-Travis

Thx Travis and Lars, having the painter do a couple of other things so it won't be ready until next Wednesday or so. Going to replace the rear window trim again. It was a flaw that needed to be fixed. A side benefit is it now gives me time to do a good cleanup of the garage. Pictures as soon as I get it back.

12/5/14

Car is taking longer than I thought but almost there now. A few minor items to finish and it will be coming home again. The stripes really make the difference. Hoping to have it on Sunday again.

IMG_3123.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3127.JPG

Wow John, it looks so good. Your car is truly amazing, beautiful work you have done to it. I am impressed :)
Thx Daniel!!

It's been a long road up to this point but it looks exactly like I envisioned it 3 years ago as to what I wanted it to look like. After I get it home and get my final pictures I'll post a video of the 3 years work into about 15 mins. Thx again for your comments.

-john

Back