Dealer emblems

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not.

I do remember as a kid popping them off of cars in the junkyard and pocketing them.

I had a wall in my parent's garage with tons of them stuck in the drywall. When we moved out and I took them all down (where they went ???) my dad was pissed that I messed up the wall. Oops...

I do not.

I do remember as a kid popping them off of cars in the junkyard and pocketing them.

I had a wall in my parent's garage with tons of them stuck in the drywall. When we moved out and I took them all down (where they went ???) my dad was pissed that I messed up the wall. Oops...
Be nice to have them now

I'm fortunate to have the original dealer emblem on my '72 convertible. When I had the car painted in the spring of 1991, the body shop welded up the mounting holes for the emblem. They were shocked when I griped at them about it, telling me that "Nobody wants those ugly old emblems on their show cars!" So when I got the car home, I waited a few weeks for the paint to fully cure, then I drilled two new holes and screwed the emblem back on! It's never been off the car since that day.

As you can see, the car was sold new by Courtesy Ford in Garland, Texas. I did a show there sometime in the early 1990s, and the dealership personnel thought it was pretty cool that my car was sold new by their dealership and was still around and looking good. The dealership is still there and still selling Fords, but it has changed hands several times over the years and today it is known as Randall Reed's Planet Ford.

Courtesy Ford emblem.jpg

I ended up really lucky …
The dealership that originally sold my car is still in business… and about 150 miles away.
The body shop broke one the pins when removing the original.
I called up the dealership who searched and found me a replacement they had stuffed away somewhere in the back
Picture 1: original
Picture 2: replacement (with extra sticker)

Attachments

• IMG_0523.jpeg
    IMG_0523.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0522.jpeg
    IMG_0522.jpeg
    983.7 KB · Views: 0
I know the Tasca Ford dealer emblems are being reproduced. In the sixties, Tasca was a big player in offering High Performance Fords. I believe Bob Tasca was involved with the '68 428 Cobra Jet Mustang being built.

I ended up really lucky …
The dealership that originally sold my car is still in business… and about 150 miles away.
The body shop broke one the pins when removing the original.
I called up the dealership who searched and found me a replacement they had stuffed away somewhere in the back
Picture 1: original
Picture 2: replacement (with extra sticker)
Wow that’s nice

I know the Tasca Ford dealer emblems are being reproduced. In the sixties, Tasca was a big player in offering High Performance Fords. I believe Bob Tasca was involved with the '68 428 Cobra Jet Mustang being built.
I bought my Mazda 6 from Tasca. They relocated located to Cranston RI several years ago after moving from East Providence RI (where all that 428 CJ magic happened) their current dealership is enormous. I got a tour of their secret stash of collectables and drag race cars when I was there a couple of years ago. The older gentleman Ernie who gave me the tour was a employee of the Tasca race team. Really nice guy and he had a lot of stories about his friendship with the Late Bob Tasca Sr. and of course crazy car tales.
Ron

This is chrome, and about 11" long...click on it to see the entire metal emblem.

Attachments

• Noorwood auto sales.jpg
    Noorwood auto sales.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 0
There's a Fairlane/Torino/Galaxie Restoration Parts company called Dearborn Classics, that sells the Tasca reproductions. This is an old catalog so price , I'm sure, is changed.

Attachments

• tasca emblem.jpg
    tasca emblem.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
What are even more collectable, are cherry dealership license plate frames. I just missed out on a great set of Russ Davis Ford ( Covina, California) frames. My Mach 1 was sold from that dealer, and Gas Ronda, of Mustang drag racing fame, was sponsored by Russ Davis Ford as well .

What are even more collectable, are cherry dealership license plate frames. I just missed out on a great set of Russ Davis Ford ( Covina, California) frames. My Mach 1 was sold from that dealer, and Gas Ronda, of Mustang drag racing fame, was sponsored by Russ Davis Ford as well .
Didn’t the dealers go to frames instead of plates ?

I can't verify if dealers went to frames instead of emblems, but a good many , if not most, eventually, went to license frames. Show 'em if you got 'em.

Attachments

• IMG_2354.JPG
    IMG_2354.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2355.JPG
    IMG_2355.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2356.JPG
    IMG_2356.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2357.JPG
    IMG_2357.JPG