Differences between 71 and 72?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pastel Blue, If you decide that "Silly" 429 no longer fits your needs, let me know and I'll find you a very nice 250 6cyl and even deliver it to you. And of course I'll haul that 429 off for you at no charge!!! I feel like I owe that much since I threw away all those Quadrajet carburetors and intakes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep but he (Kit) is correct on his statement. Ford decided to make upgrades for 72 & 73 and call them 'standard' for that year. Ford did this on almost all their car and consumer truck lines in effort to try and sell more cars. Dealerships were hurting back then.

Ray

Wow - interesting to see that Kit can still get under someone's skin almost a year after he got banned. lollerz
Eric, I was enjoying Kit's comments in my response, as I found it interesting that my car satisfied most of what he wrote. I have no issue or concerns with his comments as he is exactly right!

His comments add to the uniqueness of the car I am currently restoring back to original specs where possible. Most'71's were upgraded, especially if you went to the trouble of dropping a BB in the engine bay. My car received few upgrades which complements its "sleeper" status perfectly. Thanks

Back