Edelbrock Torquer intake

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will fit Cleveland 4V heads. It is a single plane intake. I recently switched from a single to a dual plane and it was a big difference. It will depend on what your chosen cam profile, gear ratio, etc is best suited for though. All of the parts have to work together.

It will fit but, it’s not a good intake for the street. It’s a single plane and you need a dual plane. The performer is a dual plane but it’s not a performance intake. Like I said before, get either a Blue Thunder or an Air Gap intake. Both of theses are great on a Cleveland. Will really wake that motor up. At least it did on mine.i

Just get your heads redone and forget about the aluminum heads. The heads you’re looking at will cost more than 3k! You can use the money you’ll save by not getting them for something else, like a good carb or whatever else you need for the car. Just my opinion

I am running a torquer II intake on my 408 Cleveland and like it a lot. I have more low end than I can use and it pulls strong through the whole rpm range. Pretty much destroy the tires at will.

+1 on using your stock heads, with some minor modifications. You'll save enough to install a nice fuel injection system, or other upgrades.
I think the only way I wont use the stock heads is if it is ridiculously expensive to have them done.

I like the idea of fuel injection.   I had been kicking that around anyway.

Putting a 650 dbl pump on it today and hopefully getting it running.   Going to buy some used tires for now.

Back