Holly Sniper EFI issues or NOT?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the sniper have an ethanol content detector? The stoichiometric AFR for normal gas is 14.7. For gas with 10% ethanol is 14.3. With 15% ethanol, its 14.1.

I assume for 27% ethanol, you would be looking at something closer to 13.5 AFR for cruise and 12.5 under load. Does the sniper know what gas you're using? If not, it seems like it would try to run lean.
I use this 13,8 for cruise and 12,7 for full load! Works fine!!

Can someone tell me where to get the Tank with the pump in it? I keep striking out.
Thanks Rod

Tanks INC. They have tanks or the easy install kits. Watch their videos on the install. Easy and works very well! Best place for sure.
Tried Tanks inc. There response below.

Hi Rod,

Sorry we do not have an EFI ready tank for the 1971 Mustang. However, you could add a pump to your car with this kit:

https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/...duct_id=84/category_id=-1/mode=prod/prd84.htm

Check the video tab on this page. The video is showing adding a pump to a 73 Mustang which would be the same as yours.

Thanks,
Justin
Tanks Inc.

This is my setup I'm currently installing. Standard tank with a aeromotive fuel pump meant for a foxbody mustang 340lph, fits perfectly where the vent is supposed to be. I am using a vented gas cap for a vent. Fuel outlet on the sender will be plugged. Return will also have a 90 degree AN-6 just not installed yet. This setup is several hundred cheaper than an aeromotive tank. The last two pictures are from my scope camera inside the tank, making sure the fuel pump and return line won't interfere with the float on the sender.PXL_20240923_200245696.jpgPXL_20240923_200236306.jpgPXL_20240923_200230636.jpgPhoto_2024-09-23 12_54_40_311.JPGPhoto_2024-09-23 12_54_54_818.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply!
Im looking for reliability mostly but a bit better fuel economy or cheaper gas would be nice ( maybe vote in someone who gives a crap). LOL I get 6 mpg.
Currently I have a eldabrock performer 4v intake with a QFT carb, hooker headers, a little larger cam. Only 300 hp and 300 ft pds of torque. I drive it daily as weather permits. I restored the whole car so I show it as well.
Gears are 350 posi with a FMX tranny all are rebuilt. Engine has msd 6al electronic ignition.

I figured I was all set to install until I was told by Kennys rod shop to send it back.
I get about 11mpg with a terminator x stealth. Crisp throttle response and ABSOLUTELY no bog ever.

This is my setup I'm currently installing. Standard tank with a aeromotive fuel pump meant for a foxbody mustang 340lph, fits perfectly where the vent is supposed to be. I am using a vented gas cap for a vent. Fuel outlet on the sender will be plugged. Return will also have a 90 degree AN-6 just not installed yet. This setup is several hundred cheaper than an aeromotive tank. The last two pictures are from my scope camera inside the tank, making sure the fuel pump and return line won't interfere with the float on the sender.View attachment 93402View attachment 93403View attachment 93404View attachment 93405View attachment 93406
My compliments on your fuel tank paint job.

Prices for the parts I used totaled 165 for the tank and 267 for the pump. So all in only $432 vs $824 for the aeromotive fuel tank. Not including the sender. I would rather do it this way, if you use the aeromotive they have a special sender so if it goes bad you have to buy theirs at a premium price. They dont even list it on their website so you would have to call and special order it. Bought the parts for this at summit. I rather spend the $400 difference on a quality regulator and frangola PTFE AN-6 fuel hose and couplers.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    20.8 KB
  • fuelpump.jpg
    fuelpump.jpg
    23.9 KB
Back