New user Missouri

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

forix33

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
My dad and I bought this 72' Mach 1 about two years ago and we are just now getting around to really digging into working on it here recently.

The owner before us passed away mid restoration, had sandblasted and repainted the exterior and was turning two possibly three cars into one on this Mach 1. The interior is estimated 80% completely missing so its like putting together a jig saw puzzle where you don't know what the picture should be. 

The further we get into it the more we are discovering what is missing. I will most likely be asking tons of questions about other's interiors and scouring the classifieds during my stay. Anyway hope this is a satisfactory introduction.

20150821_212606.jpg

timsweet

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Sportsroof. Currently a work in progress!!!
Welcome from Tucson, AZ.   That great looking project!!!

Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
Well you came to the right place for help and answering questions. Aftermarket support for our years is lacking compared to the first and second generation but there is a good bit of interior parts available. We will help you out! It sure looks like a fun build. I am looking forward to watching he progress.

forix33

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Thank you all very much! This was the first night we brought it home I wish we had done a better job of recording our progress thus far but since we have both decided to buckle down on this I will try to be much better about that.

BeerDontCount

I like Mustangs!
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
351C 4v
Howdy and welcome from the Pacific Northwest. There is a ton of info in archived posts here, and when you can't find the info you need that way there are lots of experts here to help. Keep us posted with your progress.

Scott

JD79

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Q-code convertible
Welcome from the Netherlands. Nice project! Good luck with the restoration.

Reaction score
My Car
Mustang Mach 1 (1973)-351Ci-4V
:welcome2:  from Belgium.

Yep, this is the right place to ask help for advice and parts.

I bought a Mach 1 about 5 years ago in boxes and had that problem also " a lot of missing parts "... It's since 2016 back on the road with help from people on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

73pony

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
Welcome from Iowa. Lots of info available on this site.

71 gbvert

Reaction score
My Car
Bought it in 1986. Base model convertible with a 302 3spd.
Welcome from Illinois! Excellent project - and you will find exceptional help here to assist you.