Seat pedestals

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code fastback Boss 351 clone
I ordered a new set of seat mounts for my 1972 fastback, and upon measuring them, all measurements seem to be about a half inch taller than my original seat mounts. Am I supposed to cut these to fit, or did I order the wrong mounts?:s

If you are talking about the seat platforms

The ones being made / sold are for a coupe

They are a little over one inch to tall

the pans that go between the floor and the tracks. According to my measurements, they seem to be about a 1/2" too tall. Do you think I will feel the difference? Has anybody used them in their fastback? Any info would be very helpful!!

the pans that go between the floor and the tracks. According to my measurements, they seem to be about a 1/2" too tall. Do you think I will feel the difference? Has anybody used them in their fastback? Any info would be very helpful!!
I am short and would love to have an extra 1/2 inch.....wait....that's not what I meant!....

I am short and would love to have an extra 1/2 inch.....wait....that's not what I meant!....

yeah, yeah we believe you ...

:goodone:

Im just a touch over 6ft and I used them in my fastback.......HATED it!!! I ended up pulling mine back out, and cutting them down, and welding them back in about 2-3 inches back further than factory. Plenty of leg room now and my head doesn't hit the roof. Personally, unless your really short I wouldnt use them unless you cut them down. I also installed new seat cushions and covers so that added to the height also.

Back