Sound off if you have a convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm., pic's are gone from an earlier post... so here are a few for those interested :) If you followed my build, you know it was a complete undertaking...

Large Driver Side Rear Shot....jpg

71 Vert Finished Pics21.jpg

71 Vert Finished Pics8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a secret desire/ambition (don't tell my wife) to get a 71 or 72 convertible and was wondering how many convertibles there are on here.

So, if you have a 71-73 convertible make a post to this thread listing the year, engine and any other options you'd like to share and let's see how many we can get listed.

Example:

71 M-code, ram air, Lime with white top.

73 H-code, ram air, 351c 2V, Ginger interior, Yellow Gold, Black top. Has black flames that will be painted once I save up for it.

upload an image

9271da57a312169509ebd05f3dd3e2fa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5a5409079b274a4a0783a22e6883c1cd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[New member here]

A two-for-one post, as I currently have a 72 and 73.  See if you can guess my favorite angle for these cars.

73 mustang convertible basic 302 F code Blue with back top.

rool a die
Nice looking car, love the black top.  My white one is going away....

1973 Mustang Convertable 76D.  Direct from the original window sticker:

351 2V H code, FMX AT, Blue glow 3k, CA emission, instrument group, 14" wide oval white letters, convenience group, PS, tilt, leather wrapped steering wheel, console, deluxe bumper group, AC, AM/FM, decor group, color racing mirrors, tint, PW, aluminum wheels as well as matching pony floor mats.  When I got it, it still had the original spare tire in it.  (I'd still have it but a tire shop mistakenly discarded it.)

The car was bought from the original owner in AZ about three years ago and I  shipped it to Maine when I moved.  Their main residence was in CO and they stored it in AZ using it to get groceries and to go to the post office.  Its a bone stock survivor time capsule with less than 27,000, it still has all the smog equipment on it. A repair slip from 2011 shows that its only been driven about 1500 miles since then.  

In the original clear plastic FORD trash bag is the owners manual, owners card, Warranty Information booklet, FORD oil selection cut out,  consumer bulletin with stopping distance tire pressures and new bumper info as well as an extended warranty card due to the fact it was a dealer demo in Los Angeles.  

My plans are to keep Salli mostly stock (perhaps some performance mods, keeping all the original equipment boxed and tagged.)  The body has some door dings and bumps and scraps, but I'm just going to keep it as is with all her patina and character.  The one thing that needs replacement is the white top and I'm going to go with a black one.  

Thats it.  She lives in a heated garage and taken out for sunny day trips, cruises and car shows.  Once we get the new top we'll venture out and explore more of the Maine cost further from home.

IMG_20180513_121524685_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180826_111332786_HDR (1).jpg

mustang bristol days 20182.jpg

IMG_20180422_145549648_HDR.jpg

New member here.  Got my 73 Q code 4V 4 speed back in October 2018. Stock with 52000 original miles. It was in pretty good shape overall. A few dings/scrapes on the body but I'm okay with that, keeps me from freaking out when I take it for a drive. Have the original wheels in addition to the ones in pic. It needs a new roof but first doing some basic maintenance. Have replaced spark plugs & wires, now cleaning & rebuilding carb. Shocks are next.

‘73 Q-code, C6, p/s, p/b, a/c, power windows (!), Rally-PAC gauges, Decor package, Ram Air hood, rare’ish leather trimmed steering wheel. Either 35k or 135k miles. Bright Medium Yellow (6E) with black interior.

Had it two? weeks... Still ordering parts. Trying to stay as close to stock as possible, but there will be a few updates. Pertronix Igniter for one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just joined up tonight (july 2019) though I've been sneaking around in the background for a few years...I have a 73 Convertible I bought back in 2003. It was originally the blue glow but when I went to get it painted, the painter wanted to try something different and I agreed...I like the color but there are some dings and bubbles (it was painted about 10yrs ago).  It's not near as pretty as many of the other cars posted on here, but hey, this one's MINE so it is the BEST!  

The car is the 351c 4bbl (I forget the code) and the previous owner hotrodded it some (can't find the receipts right now).  It's an automatic, no AC (it originally lived in MN, guess they figured they don't need AC in MN).  It's got some issues (which is why I joined the forum, to see if anybody has ideas). I really wanted one of the 71-73s when I was shopping just because you don't see near as many as the 65-70s and these later models are just so distinctive.  Anyway, nice to see lots of other nice looking convertibles out there.

72 convertible

351 auto

Yellow with black interior and white roof.

Twin exhaust, front disc brakes.tilt column( not sure if that's an option or not) factory aircon,electric Windows,

Clock,tachometer,extra factory gauges,

I believe who ever ordered it from factory had every option installed.

72 convertible

351 auto

Yellow with black interior and white roof.

Twin exhaust, front disc brakes.tilt column( not sure if that's an option or not) factory aircon,electric Windows,

Clock,tachometer,extra factory gauges,

I believe who ever ordered it from factory had every option installed.

Tilt column was an option I have 4 with it. I also have a 73 Mach 1 that has 41 options on it so this car is pretty light on options, lol. I do like it have a yellow 73 vert myself my driver. Get your Marti report tells all about your car.

Back