What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the entire day in the garage. :) Started with PB Blastering the seat belt bolt that was cut off for removal(amazing what having the right tool and liquid assistance can do). :p Then moved on to removing more undercoating (I don't know if it was Stretch Ziebart or Stretch Ford guy but he sure did reach deep into the rear quarters).Then sizing up floor panels while I wait for my kids Christmas gifts of driverside complete floor and rear fraim rail and replacement rear frames. Man I've got some great kids!! :)
Mark, that is a sound deadner Ford shot into the 1/4's by wheel well.

You should put something back in after you kill the rust.

Spent the entire day in the garage. :) Started with PB Blastering the seat belt bolt that was cut off for removal(amazing what having the right tool and liquid assistance can do). :p Then moved on to removing more undercoating (I don't know if it was Stretch Ziebart or Stretch Ford guy but he sure did reach deep into the rear quarters).Then sizing up floor panels while I wait for my kids Christmas gifts of driverside complete floor and rear fraim rail and replacement rear frames. Man I've got some great kids!! :)
Mark, that is a sound deadner Ford shot into the 1/4's by wheel well.

You should put something back in after you kill the rust.
Now that's good to know. Needed to remove it anyway like you said for rust stoppage and the rear quarter repairs. maybe someone can post a good reliable replacement and hopefully my arms will be long enough! :p

Got the first package today from my son in Italy. Everything lines up perfect! Next resupported the frontend beyond the rockers as Qcode351mach recommended (had already done the rear) and like the fact I can stand strait while working inside with the extra 1-1/2 heighth I added up front. Measured the rear seat panel and drilled the seat belt hole. Will start shaping it tomorrow Can't wait to get on the floor so I can get at the rear!

DSCN1339.JPGDSCN1340.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I invited (basically begged) Bill the welder to come over tonight to check out my plans for cutting and welding in my pieces for under the rear seat. Showed me how to make a push pull clamp that you tack to existing metal above the piece to be welded and pull the metal down. Hope to post pics tomorrow. But looks to be 1 great idea! We may be on to something here :)

DSCN1341.JPG

Had a buddy come over to look at my brakes as he has installed about 5 of these setups. Found that the trouble was not from air in the system, but was due to the emergency brake was not adjusted tight enough:mad: but anyway thats over with now hopefully:s About 95% of the wiring is now complete, just some loose ends to tie up. Also got a call from my window tinter wanting to do the windows tonight and for about $20 cheaper than before so told him to come on. They look awesome

2011-12-20_20-53-36_957.jpg

2011-12-20_20-53-46_78.jpg

2011-12-20_20-53-54_671.jpg

2011-12-20_20-57-37_992.jpg

Had a buddy come over to look at my brakes as he has installed about 5 of these setups. Found that the trouble was not from air in the system, but was due to the emergency brake was not adjusted tight enough:mad: but anyway thats over with now hopefully:s About 95% of the wiring is now complete, just some loose ends to tie up. Also got a call from my window tinter wanting to do the windows tonight and for about $20 cheaper than before so told him to come on. They look awesome
Looks great, really like the rims.

Nice to see someone that close to finishing.

Started fabricating the floor panel tonight. Used cardboard for a teplate. Used my seatbelt bolt as ground zero, and realized with Qcode351mach and my neighbor Bill's advice this should work out pretty well for a newbie to bodywork! Two guesses where the cardboard came from! :D

DSCN1342.JPGDSCN1343.JPGDSCN1344.JPG

Got brakes, CHECK. Motor starts, CHECK. Headlights burn, (may be in the 5% but doubt it) CHECK. Looking forward to the video and the smile on your face. PRICELESS :p

Picked up my 4V heads today from the machine shop. I can't believe they cleaned up so well. They hot tanked and magnafluxed and checked out great.

4V heads 001.jpg

4V heads 003.jpg

4V heads 004.jpg

Started fabricating the floor panel tonight. Used cardboard for a teplate. Used my seatbelt bolt as ground zero, and realized with Qcode351mach and my neighbor Bill's advice this should work out pretty well for a newbie to bodywork! Two guesses where the cardboard came from! :D
Looks Great ! a little tip for you ..When your bending the metal..use a flat piece of bar stock in between the metal & your hammer..Lay the bar stock on the metal (bar stock in 1 hand.. hammer in the other) then hit that with the hammer..Makes it come out real smooth & you won't see any hammer marks

I actually did nothing to it today as I was told by my uncle he would be closed today. But around 9 tonight started getting text messages saying the following:Tail lights work, blinkers work, brake lights work and dome light is ready to hook up, also head lights and all marker lights work, and all seat belts are in. Dome light now working. So guess with me not there the accomplished a lot:dodgy:

I actually did nothing to it today as I was told by my uncle he would be closed today. But around 9 tonight started getting text messages saying the following:Tail lights work, blinkers work, brake lights work and dome light is ready to hook up, also head lights and all marker lights work, and all seat belts are in. Dome light now working. So guess with me not there the accomplished a lot:dodgy:
You must of been good this year, sounds like Santa showed up! ;)

I was repositioning the parts car with a tow strap when the hook on the strap ripped through the rusted frame rail. I live on a slight hill so I felt helpless as I watched the junk car freely roll down the hill toward two of my good ones. Well it just missed them and went exactly where I had intended to park it but was only there for a split second as it kept going. Ok, so I thought my wooden privacy fence will stop it. Wrong! It sawed off the concreted 4x4 post at the ground and took out an 8 foot section on each side of the post. 16 feet of fence and thebcar car on top of the fence ended up in the 10 foot concrete drainage ditch. It was kinda funny to watch and my kids were in my neighbor's yard yelling the whole time for my neighbor to come out...the bunch of tattle tales. :blush:

I pulled it out of the ditch with my excursion - no problem & got it back up the hill...until the strap broke throughout the rusted frame on the other side of the car and the car landed in the ditch again but a little farther into it since it didn't have the fence to slow it down this time. I finally got it lined up in position with the other cars and leaned the fence back up. Now I have a big fence repair. Damage to the car was minimal. I would have rather damaged the car and left the fence intact though.

I should have taken a pic of it but I didn't think to do that. Sorry Roy.

Back