What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was repositioning the parts car with a tow strap when the hook on the strap ripped through the rusted frame rail. I live on a slight hill so I felt helpless as I watched the junk car freely roll down the hill toward two of my good ones. Well it just missed them and went exactly where I had intended to park it but was only there for a split second as it kept going. Ok, so I thought my wooden privacy fence will stop it. Wrong! It sawed off the concreted 4x4 post at the ground and took out an 8 foot section on each side of the post. 16 feet of fence and thebcar car on top of the fence ended up in the 10 foot concrete drainage ditch. It was kinda funny to watch and my kids were in my neighbor's yard yelling the whole time for my neighbor to come out...the bunch of tattle tales. :blush:

I pulled it out of the ditch with my excursion - no problem & got it back up the hill...until the strap broke throughout the rusted frame on the other side of the car and the car landed in the ditch again but a little farther into it since it didn't have the fence to slow it down this time. I finally got it lined up in position with the other cars and leaned the fence back up. Now I have a big fence repair. Damage to the car was minimal. I would have rather damaged the car and left the fence intact though.

I should have taken a pic of it but I didn't think to do that. Sorry Roy.
Wow, Don, sounds like you had an adventurous day! I didn't do anything except ogle the new carb. Going to start on it tomorrow.

I sanding and repainting the engine bay, I finished half of it yesterday.

I sprayed the primer and then im going to spray truck bed liner.

I was repositioning the parts car with a tow strap when the hook on the strap ripped through the rusted frame rail. I live on a slight hill so I felt helpless as I watched the junk car freely roll down the hill toward two of my good ones. Well it just missed them and went exactly where I had intended to park it but was only there for a split second as it kept going. Ok, so I thought my wooden privacy fence will stop it. Wrong! It sawed off the concreted 4x4 post at the ground and took out an 8 foot section on each side of the post. 16 feet of fence and thebcar car on top of the fence ended up in the 10 foot concrete drainage ditch. It was kinda funny to watch and my kids were in my neighbor's yard yelling the whole time for my neighbor to come out...the bunch of tattle tales. :blush:

I pulled it out of the ditch with my excursion - no problem & got it back up the hill...until the strap broke throughout the rusted frame on the other side of the car and the car landed in the ditch again but a little farther into it since it didn't have the fence to slow it down this time. I finally got it lined up in position with the other cars and leaned the fence back up. Now I have a big fence repair. Damage to the car was minimal. I would have rather damaged the car and left the fence intact though.

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are:exclamation: rofl

Sometimes I lapse back into my TN redneck ways. Yesterday was one of those times twice.

I'd advise against it. All the nooks and crannies of the coating hold dirt and looks really lousy IMO. You'd have much better result spraying some satin POR 15.

Sometimes I lapse back into my TN redneck ways. Yesterday was one of those times twice.
If you had all that on video you would have made onto Bill Engvall's Country Fried Videos!

I'd advise against it. All the nooks and crannies of the coating hold dirt and looks really lousy IMO. You'd have much better result spraying some satin POR 15.
X 2 DO NOT USE TRUCK BED LINER IN YOUR ENGINE COMPARTMENT !!!!!!! It will look like s**t

See my vid on what to use ..you be glad you did !

Agree with MEZAPU no bedliner paint.

Any good quality semi gloss or semi flat spray cans would be fine and the easiest to do.

Make sure it is clean and prepped well.

I think bed liner in the engine compartment would be a huge mistake as well. If you do it, you will hate it, and then you will REALLY hate trying to fix it!

Yesterday, I got my battery tray replaced [finally] by cutting the replacement panel and patching. Turned out pretty cool, actually.

Today, I mounted up the seats onto the CP/FB platform I got from CJ Pony Parts several months ago and test-fitted it. Yup - just a little too tall - but then again, my headliner is in pretty bad shape and drooping somewhat.

SO - it took the sharpie and cut-off wheel to it and lopped almost an inch off the backside upright and re-bent the 'new' tabs, the re-fitted it with the seat and... SCORE! Apparently, dropping the backside that much changed the angle enough for me to clear the droopy headliner and it should work fine.

After that, I did the same to the passenger side and dropped them onto the floor pans. Since this is MY car, I slid the platforms back a couple inches for just a little more legroom. Then scribed the outlines and cleaned the 'primer/paint' from the floor pans. Sprayed on some weld-thru primer and Rust Bulleted the undersides of the platforms. So first thing Monday morning, I should be able to zap 'em down and that's that. Then, onto the cowl damage.

My wife also ordered an Edelbrock Performer intake and the valley pan gasket kit for as Christmas present - which should be here next week sometime. Guess I finally got her trained to only get me stuff for the Rustang (so I don't wind up with a bunch of stuff I never use piling up in the garage). ;)

Power washed the engine bay today. Then when my son was putting it away he ran over the sprinker and broke loose a pipe. Spent the rest of the day cleaning up the flood and fixing the pipe.

missed this post, wow Don sounds like an interesting day

Worked on getting in the first part of the driverside rear seat floor this evening. Waiting on the full floorpan for driverside to install first then under rearseat so I just hit and missed sanding spots all over the car.

DSCN1345.JPG

Back