What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the battery relocation done last night. Now if I can get the weather to stay above 50 for a few days I could get the sound deadener completed and new carpets in.
Let me know if you notice a difference or not
I will. It is going to be quite different from last time I drove it. I am also in the process of swapping out the FMX for a T5 manual. I'm just doing a few other small projects and cleaning up while I have things apart. I'm waiting on my clutch cable that is on back order so it is kind of holding up that end of the project so filling in the time with some odds and ends.

The difference with the battery in the trunk is not, by itself really noticeable. With my car I also gutted the front 73 bumper and replaced it with fiberglass and aluminum mounts to save another 100 pounds. I'm still looking for ways to shift weight rearward, but am running out of ideas, with the exception of moving the wiper bottle to the rear which seems to be too much work for too little gain.

The engine bay looks better with the engine in the trunk though.

Hi to all. I've been MIA for a while.

Anyway, I did get my AOD installed and finally decided on strange 3.7 diff ratio ring/pinion.

Got the pumpkin back and installing it on Monday... Can't wait.
Interested on how that combination works for you, as I'm planning the same.

Engine in getting pretty...
Your waterpump is most likely working properly with that thin belt Contact. Otherwise looking good!

Well I didn't break it this last 7 days (as I have the driveshaft out)

But I did install a harness bar. It required a little finessing, some longer legs and some proper hardware, but it is in and my seat belts are still there.

I have a 6 point harness, but I want to be at the shop so I can mount the lower anchors before I bother to set it up.

2j64c20.jpg

2mph1r8.jpg

d8eiw.jpg

Also got in the parts to change my pinion support to a Daytona type and a 1350 Pinion Yoke with all the set up stuff from strange. Hope to get done tomorrow so I can get a driveshaft measurement and get my order submitted

Getting my engine back in after rebuild!

IMG_20160331_055452373.jpg

Got the engine running again, water in, run it warm. Heared strange knocking sound, find out that flexplate is hitting somewhere. So transmission out... See how clean it is...:D

DSC_2139.JPG

Drove it. Washed it.

My car needs a lot. Interior needs refreshing. Paint is getting old. Engine idles weird sometimes. New tires/rims wouldn't hurt. The springs are getting old and should be replaced. I need to spend more time tuning it.

In the mean time I am just having a great time driving it! So much fun. I am so glad I have held onto this car for over 30 years.

I closed the hood of my Mach's today. That's all folks. Also dipped a pair of 427 FE heads to vinegar and can't wait to see them tomorrow.

I changed out my intake manifold gaskets because of a pesky vacuum leak and picked up 3 inches of vacuum by doing so. A quick reset of the carburetor idle mixture screws and the car sounds and runs better than ever. Life is good.

I had my wife help me hang the doors and align them on the body after painting the jambs. Ryan. IMG_20160402_185719_269.jpg

Back