What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, it's good to hear you are happy with the purchase. That must be nerve racking for sure!

I drove mine again yesterday. Here in Phoenix it was in the 70's so no problems running with the top down.

I fired up my 72 yesterday pulled it out of the garage let it run for 1/2 hour than turned it around and put it back nose first so I could have more room for my Harley which I'm going to be doing some work on in the off season. I did a lot of work on the Mustang in 2016 so this year it's getting the off season off and my extra cash is going to my bike.

My alternator pulley was getting noisy, turns out it had a big crack on the under side of the casing! Nice shiney new one fitted now :).

image1_zpshsny1zqf.jpg

image2_zpscexsmcax.jpg

Finally dropped the 351C back in the engine bay today.

Still have to hook up the trans and add all the 'stuff' back on, but it's under the hood now :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Street or Tack coil over was given another round of torque wrenching now that is on the wheels and on the lift. I rebuilt the steering coupling and it is installed. Tomorrow should get the rebuilt fast ratio steering box (Power Steering Services) installed.

Steering box and pitman arm installed. Took two tries as the arm could not be installed with the box installed. A gnats azz to get the assembly in with the Hooker Super Comps...

Tie rods in and torqued, motor mounts back in tight, a royal PITA required to get the steering box out... Next is to install the front sway bar, check for clearance of the bar, calipers and brake lines. I must say it has been darn nice to have my youngest son home from college. He helps immensely and receives my bitching in stride.

Replaced my Ignition switch today!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Today I stripped "that old air cleaner" and made it blue again.

Dark blue over light blue over dark blue. I wish I had the before shots.

View attachment 37012View attachment 37013

Spent yesterday fiberglassing back together my cracked a-piller covers. I so wish I could have found some to purchase. They wont look too bad once painted. They will be functional but I can still see the cracks.

Spent yesterday fiberglassing back together my cracked a-piller covers. I so wish I could have found some to purchase. They won't look too bad once painted. They will be functional but I can still see the cracks.
I just took delivery on a set for my vert that I found on the major auction site. As soon as I saw them, I hit the buy it now button... Too bad they are blue, but I have a lot of work to do on my interior and right now it is just about acquiring the necessary replacements... keep looking, you never know...

Argh! I went to install the a-pillars and the drivers side one is too long and will not fit. I was able to patch together my original passengers side one, but the drivers side one came out of another 73 Mach 1 that my buddy found for me. He said they were laying in the floor boards and didn't actually unbolt them from the car so I'm guessing since the car was blue with a blue interior and the a-pillars were black, they did not belong to that car but rather a coupe of convertible.

I have my whole dash ripped apart to fit them and now another delay. The hunt continues.

Argh! I went to install the a-pillars and the drivers side one is too long and will not fit. I was able to patch together my original passengers side one, but the drivers side one came out of another 73 Mach 1 that my buddy found for me. He said they were laying in the floor boards and didn't actually unbolt them from the car so I'm guessing since the car was blue with a blue interior and the a-pillars were black, they did not belong to that car but rather a coupe of convertible.

I have my whole dash ripped apart to fit them and now another delay. The hunt continues.
Me,

We'll a little more work on the air cleaner. (Mama didn't like the smell of blue paint coming from the garage. [emoji57] View attachment 37053View attachment 37054

Back