What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was sitting there basically watching primer dry when I got a wild hair and decided to try to save my motor mounts from the 5 x 7 x 1/1/2 " blocks they were welded to. I sure could use a good picture of some 73 frame side motor mounts to work by. Her's what I inherited.

DSCN1204.JPGDSCN1202.JPG

Just a quick recap. My '71 M-code Grande came up with a cracked block. First thought about scraping the car but we have spent too much time on fixing it up already. We thought about getting a new block and rebuilding the engine and then we found this one, actually it found us. This is a newly remanufactured never fired M-code with matching and period correct casting numbers. You can almost see it in the picture with the rest of its friends under the row of doors. I have always heard there are gems like this still out there to be found. More pictures to follow. We will be dropping it in the car tomorrow.

mike

001 (9).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was sitting there basically watching primer dry when I got a wild hair and decided to try to save my motor mounts from the 5 x 7 x 1/1/2 " blocks they were welded to. I sure could use a good picture of some 73 frame side motor mounts to work by. Her's what I inherited.
Mark, You're in luck. I just removed the engine out of my 73. I can snap a pic of the mounts tomorrow afternoon. It's an H-code. Those are different from the Q-code mounts from what I've read on here somewhere.

Just a quick recap. My '71 M-code Grande came up with a cracked block. First thought about scraping the car but we have spent too much time on fixing it up already. We thought about getting a new block and rebuilding the engine and then we found this one, actually it found us. This is a newly remanufactured never fired M-code with matching and period correct casting numbers. You can almost see it in the picture with the rest of its friends under the row of doors. I have always heard there are gems like this still out there to be found. More pictures to follow. We will be dropping it in the car tomorrow.

mike
Congratulations on the find!

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure could use a good picture of some 73 frame side motor mounts to work by. Her's what I inherited.
IMG_15231.jpg

Do you want a pair, we probably have several of them in the back

Don

mike

Mike I take it the delivery went OK.

Don

mike

Mike I take it the delivery went OK.

Don
Delivery was slick as deer snot on a door knob. Highly recommend freightquote.com

mike

I bought a 460! Hopefully i will be ready to put it in in January

Back