What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hooked back up the HVAC controls in my car. After the engine swap, I hadn't hooked up anything to the vacuum except the brakes and distributor.

There are 2 vacuum lines sticking out of the firewall. 1 of them goes straight to the manifold. The other one goes to a canister and then the intake. My heater stuff seems to mostly work again. But I do hear a little vacuum leak. And that sound changes depending on where I have the selector. I'm thinking maybe the vacuum switch is the culprit. :(

Other than that, I got the ol' girl out on the highway and let her stretch her legs.

From memory, one of the vacuum hoses goes to the canister, the other one goes to the heater hose control valve not to the manifold. Do you have a control valve with a vacuum point on it? Here's the diagram that I used. Good luck.

Tom

View attachment 81772
Nope. Mine's an AC car, but that valve is not present in the heater hose. It appears a previous owner has taken some artistic liberties with the heater/vacuum things then.

As I'm looking around to order the valve, there looks to be 2 different styles. One of them with the connections for the hoses and a metal vacuum motor attached. The other style looks like its all one big hunk of plastic. Any idea if one of these works better than the other? The all plastic one with no visible moving parts is like half the price.

1695591170868.png

1695591192272.png

I hooked back up the HVAC controls in my car. After the engine swap, I hadn't hooked up anything to the vacuum except the brakes and distributor.

There are 2 vacuum lines sticking out of the firewall. 1 of them goes straight to the manifold. The other one goes to a canister and then the intake. My heater stuff seems to mostly work again. But I do hear a little vacuum leak. And that sound changes depending on where I have the selector. I'm thinking maybe the vacuum switch is the culprit. :(

Other than that, I got the ol' girl out on the highway and let her stretch her legs.
I recovered the bucket seats this week. Last week I recovered the rear seats.The week before that I replaced the carpet .The week before that I installed the deluxe original deluxe door panels. So now the interior is done. Next is the anodized black aluminum DeWitt cooling module and fans and the harmonic balancer. Then get the Sanden A/c compressor R134 conversion working

I got tired of looking at the dirty comfortweave seats in the convertible. I removed them and took a brush and some cleaner to them. It’s amazing how much color came back after 50 years of dirt was removed.

Attachments

• IMG_6702.jpeg
    IMG_6702.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6703.jpeg
    IMG_6703.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6704.jpeg
    IMG_6704.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Nothing yet. I've spent the last several days convincing myself not to change any of my original parts. So I'm going to do the right thing and
install LED's in my dash, remove the AM radio and install a Custom Autosound slide bar radio and speakers and 3 point seat belts. Then I'll convince
myself not to remove the original intake and 4300D carb I just had restored and probably lose that argument as well.

Nothing yet. I've spent the last several days convincing myself not to change any of my original parts. So I'm going to do the right thing and
install LED's in my dash, remove the AM radio and install a Custom Autosound slide bar radio and speakers and 3 point seat belts. Then I'll convince
myself not to remove the original intake and 4300D carb I just had restored and probably lose that argument as well.
Sounds like you're developing into a fine
71-73 forum member rhigg! Keep firing the parts cannon, nothing better then opening a box of new Mustang parts...:)

Finally finished welding all the new sheet metal on my 72 Q code sled. Its sitting on the body jig I fabricated. I had to teach myself to mig weld. Now my next step is to take the shell off the jig and fabricate a tip over jig out of the repurposed steel from the body jig. That way I can finish welding the areas on the bottom of the sled.

IMG_3951.jpgIMG_3953.jpg
IMG_3950.jpg
IMG_3949.jpg
IMG_3955.jpgIMG_3956.jpg

Back