What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dreamed of the day when I'll actually be able to drive it.
You must have a 73 mach 1.. me too lol

Did nothing today other than thinking about what I got to do this weekend, goin to try to finish up driver side floor pan, hopefully have some more pics to post.

The good news is I got the hood on. Bad news is hinges are so tight the hood won't think about even starting to close. Time to quit for the day.

I didn't get much done today, but I did have some fun mocking up the Ford Racing 306 crate!

jzczyf.jpg

nowleu.jpg

oumg7n.jpg

5v5fmx.jpg

Looks like we are going to go with a Rod and Custom Suspension system! So I got a lot more stuff to remove from the front of the car! LOL Might have to wait, we want to roll it out to get the roof finished before tearing into the engine bay.

Nothing today as that little thing called work interfered as usual, why is it we work and get paid for it but it sux, we work our buts off on a car a spend our last dime on it and its OK. Weird UH

No work interference here. In fact congress is working on getting me 13 more months of parts for the car. Believe me, I'd rather be working.

Finished assembly of rear end. Reassembled rear drum brakes. Talk about a three hand job. I found that a bungy cord works to keep the discs in place while placing the unstrechable springs to their proper place.

Moving on to other places where I saw the iron oxide forming...

DSC06659.JPG

Took the car cover off the mustang checked the coolant level then started it up to get some oil all over the place in the engine. {couldn't afford to store it this winter money was a little tight} I plan on doing that twice a month just to keep the engine well lubricated. I bring it up to operating temperature then I let it run for about 15 min. But next year it will go in storage for sure I'm not to crazy about having it out all winter.

Talked to my machine shop today. Looks like this is going to be costly.

Found out I bent my crankshaft. They said they can straighten it out, but leary of that especially since it mostly dragraced. Cam lobes are also starting to go. Cam was broken in correctly. This is the second Comp cam I have had problems with. I am going to try an Isky cam this time.

I'm wondering what the feelings are on the crank. need feed back on this. Buddy of mine has another crank he says I can have.

Talked to my machine shop today. Looks like this is going to be costly.

Found out I bent my crankshaft. They said they can straighten it out, but leary of that especially since it mostly dragraced. Cam lobes are also starting to go. Cam was broken in correctly. This is the second Comp cam I have had problems with. I am going to try an Isky cam this time.

I'm wondering what the feelings are on the crank. need feed back on this. Buddy of mine has another crank he says I can have.
Personally I would go with the friends crank, Have it checked and go from there.

Back