What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a few things I have done with it. The fender is aluminum from a hailed out f150. I had the railroad track in the shop. I just did the Backhalf of a 90’s s10 pickup frame yesterday
Very nice. Any warpage on body sheet metal?

Very nice. Any warpage on body sheet metal?
You can get warpage if you don’t have it set right and take your time. I have done the bottom side of hoods with great results. I did a bronco hood that was coyote swapped and the interior completely done but they left the outside patina alone and it didn’t warp or discolor the outside paint at all. The bronco was done for the creator of the tv show the black list who is from here

The other side of my yard was 25 triaxle loads of fill, plus another 5 of topsoil. I have a big pile of topsoil that I stripped off so hopefully I won't need any. I think I'll be at 2 loads of 1 1/4 process for the base and 3 of 3/4 for the topcoat. Then it gets to sit over the winter and settle.

After the Keurig bit the dust the other morning and it being really crappy weather yesterday, I couldn't get the morning started without a run to Wally world for a replacement coffee machine. As luck would have it, found a newer version, ran back home and realized I forgot to run the remainder of my errands. That's what 3 days of no coffee to start the day will do. Anyhow, had my fill, ran my errands and now I'm headed out to the garage to see what I can get myself into today since one of the errands was to pick up some new wire brushes but after forgetting those twice, it's pushed to tomorrow.

We do have a massive amount of drainage related yard work so I might start to lay that out. Tying all the gutters into a drainpipe while also adding French and gully drainage will be the biggest thing beside the 74 yards of dirt needed to re-grade the yard. Since our builder used hydraulic soil as fill for the footers and foundation, we have an Olympic size pool amount of water saturating the soil so, all that fill is being installed on top of a sort of load-bearing drain blanket or something to that effect.

Basically, it's a roll-out type material that's two layers of pvc with thousands of one-to-one-and-a-half-inch tall support pins sandwiched between the layers. It's permeable on the top-side to allow water to flow and drain, without seeping to the ground below. Once we have that installed, we wait to see what happens as the water contained in the soil dissipates.

We've already had more than an inch of settling on about a two-thirds of the house piers, footer and foundation wall so, we are sure looking forward to how much more things move. Engineer states it's the whole not a matter of if but when scenario. House was 3 years old in May so you know the builder has already told us to go pound dirt. County codes sided with the builder. At least we have a classic Mustang. That makes it all worthwhile. Okay, yes, I'm shoveling it deep. Just practicing for the work ahead. Doohhh!!!!:unsure:😝

Cut concrete in my basement and dug out the 100+ year old dirt to add a bathroom in the basement. Having two daughters is driving this project.

Next up will be tying into the 100+ year old cast iron. Going to be blast trying to get the old lead and oakum joint apart.

Attachments

• basement1.jpg
    basement1.jpg
    933.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Basement2.jpg
    Basement2.jpg
    723.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Basement3.jpg
    Basement3.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 1
Back