ZBAR INFO (HELP)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I expected some feedback by now. You folks still out there?
Sorry, my feed back was to go directly to your web site to see what was upgraded there. All I found was to "call for prices" and I haven't gotten that far.

Still here, still looking, still hoping, still dreaming, still planning but not standing still. Thanks.
Steven,

We need to get product images to put a kit together on the website. If you have questions you are welcome to give me a call at 931.646.4836 ext 103. I did the development work and fitment. We should have the system on our hydraulics website, www.hotrodhydrauilics.com in the next few weeks. AP

They may be waiting on me. We have ran into some other things as of late so no feedback posted by me. But hopefully in the next week or so we will be back on it and let the feesback roll. Did you se some of the concerns from other members about installation as a upgrade?
Well, no, I have not seen the concerns. This thread is ten pages long so far, and I simply have not gone back and read everyone's comments. I will try to carve out some time to do that this afternoon. AP

Last edited by a moderator:
Gray

Will this kit be too big of a job for someone who already has a fully assembled car? It looks like we will have to take out the steering column for the bracket.

I'm waiting for the results. How much are we looking for the kit?

Gray

Will this kit be too big of a job for someone who already has a fully assembled car? It looks like we will have to take out the steering column for the bracket.

You absolutely do NOT have to remove the steering column for this install. We had the firewall plate out of TNF's car because we needed it at our shop to make measurements and do the development work, but essentially the entire install only requires that you use a hand drill to put three very small bolt holes in the plate. Keep in mind that we send literally thousands of hydraulic kits out a year, all with similar requirements for installation, and this one is actually a little easier than most because everything can be accessed from inside the car where there is a lot of room to work, and the pedal hookup is very easy to get to.

Under the hood, it will be no different than any other of our systems. Run the lines, find a good spot for the reservoir, install the slave and bleed the system.

Looks like pricing will be very similar to our other kits at $589. While we are spending a little more on the custom pieces for the kit, we want to hold the line on pricing to make sure this thing is affordable.

Thanks for the reports and pictures... looks like a great install! I'm a ways out on deciding what to do with mine, auto or manual, but this setup would be my go to for manual.

Mine being an automatic car now, I'd have to go find pedals. Did you have to mod the clutch pedal from Roy's, or does it use the original bracket? Thanks again for the post.:exclamation:

Gray

You absolutely do NOT have to remove the steering column for this install. We had the firewall plate out of TNF's car because we needed it at our shop to make measurements and do the development work, but essentially the entire install only requires that you use a hand drill to put three very small bolt holes in the plate. Keep in mind that we send literally thousands of hydraulic kits out a year, all with similar requirements for installation, and this one is actually a little easier than most because everything can be accessed from inside the car where there is a lot of room to work, and the pedal hookup is very easy to get to.

Under the hood, it will be no different than any other of our systems. Run the lines, find a good spot for the reservoir, install the slave and bleed the system.

Looks like pricing will be very similar to our other kits at $589. While we are spending a little more on the custom pieces for the kit, we want to hold the line on pricing to make sure this thing is affordable.
With this kit are we gonna receive a hydro throw out bearing or a slave cylinder? I don't know if there are external brackets for the TKO or the toploader!

If it'll go in easily, I'm sold over my current 5spd push style cable!! When can we get dips on a set?

Gray

With this kit are we gonna receive a hydro throw out bearing or a slave cylinder? I don't know if there are external brackets for the TKO or the toploader!

If it'll go in easily, I'm sold over my current 5spd push style cable!! When can we get dips on a set?
The kit will come with a hydraulic throw-out bearing. We use them almost exclusively. They have been designed for street and strip use, meaning that the seals are made to sit over long winters without failure. Our release bearing models are tested for 1.5million cycle durability, which translates into about 200,000 miles of normal use.

You can order a system any time. The firewall parts will be ready either Friday of this week or Monday of next week. The rest of the parts are on the shelf. You can e-mail me your phone number at [email protected] so I can have someone give you a call or give us a call at 931.646.4836 ext 201. AP

Thanks for the reports and pictures... looks like a great install! I'm a ways out on deciding what to do with mine, auto or manual, but this setup would be my go to for manual.

Mine being an automatic car now, I'd have to go find pedals. Did you have to mod the clutch pedal from Roy's, or does it use the original bracket? Thanks again for the post.:exclamation:
Earliarthis post I mentioned the pedal is repo'd by another company but gray said he'll make the pedals too. U can just cut down ur brake pedal n add in ur clutch pedal. Some have the hanger to just hang the pedal or you'll have to have rollerized bearings put in n welded. Mustang steve does this.

Ok folks had my first ride tonight:D got off work a little early and headed to the garage. When I pulled in my uncle said the alignment shop just called and said she was ready for pick up. Off we went to pick her up. So open headers and all headed back to the garage. The new hydraulic set up worked flawlessly. So here is another option for someone wanting to swap over and missing the zbar stuff. It can be found at http://www.americanpowertrain.com/ Good folks to deal with.

Ok folks had my first ride tonight:D got off work a little early and headed to the garage. When I pulled in my uncle said the alignment shop just called and said she was ready for pick up. Off we went to pick her up. So open headers and all headed back to the garage. The new hydraulic set up worked flawlessly. So here is another option for someone wanting to swap over and missing the zbar stuff. It can be found at http://www.americanpowertrain.com/ Good folks to deal with.
man, i am so worried it ain't going to work with a huge master cylinder in the way. i want to do this versus my cable instead real bad!

Just bumping this thread back out there for people wanting options on clutch/tranny swap overs. My system seems to work GREAT so far and Gray and crew from American Powertrain are all top notch folks to deal with, they helped me more than once without hesitation so if you are looking for tranny/clutch stuff check them out.

http://americanpowertrain.com/

Just bumping this thread back out there for people wanting options on clutch/tranny swap overs. My system seems to work GREAT so far and Gray and crew from American Powertrain are all top notch folks to deal with, they helped me more than once without hesitation so if you are looking for tranny/clutch stuff check them out.

http://americanpowertrain.com/
roy,

after looking in on top or the bottom of my mach 1 with power brakes, it really don't look to be any room for that master cylinder for the power brake guys. but obviously it looks like it'll work for the manual brake guys.

i hope it works cuz it'll be an upgrade from the cable, however the cable has given me zero issues so far.

roy,

after looking in on top or the bottom of my mach 1 with power brakes, it really don't look to be any room for that master cylinder for the power brake guys. but obviously it looks like it'll work for the manual brake guys.

i hope it works cuz it'll be an upgrade from the cable, however the cable has given me zero issues so far.

X, are you worried about the reservoir part???? If so the make a remote one.

roy,

X, are you worried about the reservoir part???? If so the make a remote one.

i'm talking about the actual MC that sticks out into the engine bay. there is merely no room for that under the master cylinder. but pretty soon the engine bay will be engineless for a few days so i'll get a straight eyed shot of it soon. but we'll see.

i'm talking about the actual MC that sticks out into the engine bay. there is merely no room for that under the master cylinder. but pretty soon the engine bay will be engineless for a few days so i'll get a straight eyed shot of it soon. but we'll see.

I have it covered for the night I will snap a couple of pics for you tomorrow

Back