ZBAR INFO (HELP)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok folks the master cylinder and new push rod assembly is in. I think Gray came down today and installed it. The rest still has to be installed. Talking with my uncle who indicated Gray is working on an updated piece already. so I will call Gray in the a.m.

clutch2.jpg

clutch3.jpg

clutch4.jpg

clutch5.jpg

i am looking at my new hyraulic clutch set up baby! i'm getting tired of having ZERO freeplay in my cable set up but does work great though.

i'm interested to see if that'll clear the powerbooster or not.

question: that great big hole to the right of the MC, is thats where the regular brake MC is going thru?

i am looking at my new hyraulic clutch set up baby! i'm getting tired of having ZERO freeplay in my cable set up but does work great though.

question: that great big hole to the right of the MC, is thats where the regular brake MC is going thru?
No thats where the steering column comes through it is way below the regular brake mc

No thats where the steering column comes through it is way below the regular brake mc
man, thats going to be a pain in the ass for someone who has an already assembled car and just wants to upgrade.

good for guys who have the car apart already though.

man, thats going to be a pain in the ass for someone who has an already assembled car and just wants to upgrade.

good for guys who have the car apart already though.
It all bolts from the inside on the plate that covers the steering column hole

That looks great, but I'm wondering how much room would there be for service/topping off the fluids. Will there be a better location for the resevoir bottle?

That looks great, but I'm wondering how much room would there be for service/topping off the fluids. Will there be a better location for the resevoir bottle?
LOL they make a remote resevoir but I have always been told if you install one right should hardly never need to service it.

LOL they make a remote resevoir but I have always been told if you install one right should hardly never need to service it.
Ohh, I don't know about that. With the way you pound on that thing? I saw your youtube video :D Besides, "hardly" is not the same as "never", but I'll take your word for it. Tilton makes some really cool setups.

Hey Roy, any news on the new setup?
Not right now, its on me now though to get it in.
Hey Roy,

I'm fix'n to do a c6 to manual trans conversion but don't know which way to go. It's good to know we're finally having options from Modern Driveline and the company that's doing yours to choose from. Hopefully you'll get yours done and do a full write up with pros and cons. In the mean time, I'm holding off from getting any pedal assemblies till I hear from your experience and parts used. So, with this in mind, please getter done soon :rolleyes:

Hey Roy, any news on the new setup?
Not right now, its on me now though to get it in.
Hey Roy,

I'm fix'n to do a c6 to manual trans conversion but don't know which way to go. It's good to know we're finally having options from Modern Driveline and the company that's doing yours to choose from. Hopefully you'll get yours done and do a full write up with pros and cons. In the mean time, I'm holding off from getting any pedal assemblies till I hear from your experience and parts used. So, with this in mind, please getter done soon :rolleyes:
The infamous American Powertrain returns... I am soooo sorry I have been away. We have been machining production parts after the successful hydraulic installation on TNFastback's car. I really did not want to start making promises we could not deliver on.

I took some really excellent images of the installation, and because it is so specific to the 71-73 cars it was an absolute snap to put in. I was in and out of TNF's car in a half hour, though not having the dash panel and pedals in the way probably saved me an hour of messing around.

I have attached some really clear images. I can e-mail more to anyone who needs them but it is pretty self explanatory. In a nutshell, there is plenty of clearance for the steering column, steering knuckle and frame section around the master cylinder assembly, the rod hooks to the pedal using the existing pedal bump stop hole and the billet bracket is form fit to the existing plate on the firewall. Because the threads are in the billet bracket, the only fabrication you have to do is mark and drill three small holes as you can see in the first image. The small steel turn bracket at the top of the pedal rod (2nd image) was made by hand. Production pieces look more polished (yes, I will be sending a nicer one to TNF). The third image shows the outside of the firewall with lots of clearance and plenty of room for the feed line and reservoir hose. We use an o-ring boss seal to -3AN 90-degree fitting to send the feed line toward the bell housing without putting any bending stress on it. We have slave bearings for all 4-speed, 5-speed and 6-speed models. Questions are welcome. AP

101_8372.JPG

101_8377.JPG

101_8393.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
They may be waiting on me. We have ran into some other things as of late so no feedback posted by me. But hopefully in the next week or so we will be back on it and let the feedback roll. Did you see some of the concerns from other members about installation as a upgrade?

Wow, I expected some feedback by now. You folks still out there?
Sorry, my feed back was to go directly to your web site to see what was upgraded there. All I found was to "call for prices" and I haven't gotten that far.

Still here, still looking, still hoping, still dreaming, still planning but not standing still. Thanks.

Back