V10ferrari

Hello from Australia

38-A46154-928-A-4-FD3-B7-B6-30-BA0-A5-BBE6-F.jpgHi all,  We are very excited that our 73 mustang arrived from california today.

The car has arrived in tiptop condition, however the key will not come out of the ignition and the ignition barrel will not turn all the way to the lock position.   Is this common and any help would be appreciated as it has stumped us all in how to remove the key.  The car is at the mechanics to get the roadworthy and even they cant seem to get it out at this stage.

Welcome from northern California.

You can remove the steering wheel and

access the lock. But wait for expert advice.

mike

spacer.png

There is a lock out rod on the steering column by the firewall, it is a safety feature

If the car is an automatic transmission it must be adjusted so the car is in PARK to turn and remove the key

If the car is a 3 or 4 speed manual it must be in reverse in order to remove the key

Ohio Mustang Supply

440-949-2556

oms_sig_banner.jpg

Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

There is a lock out rod on the steering column by the firewall, it is a safety feature

If the car is an automatic transmission it must be adjusted so the car is in PARK to turn and remove the key

If the car is a 3 or 4 speed manual it must be in reverse in order to remove the key

Like I said, wait for expert advice. 

mike

spacer.png

Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Good luck with your new ride!

John - 72 Q Code

Welcome to the forum and glad the car made it safe. Don is right on the lock rod adjustment.

I have several 72 & 73.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Welcome from NC, USA!  I really like the color of your Mustang.

Lazarus

9-C51-EEB4-A25-A-4-F27-8-D01-0-EB879931296.jpg

Nice car, sometimes I have to put in park and turn the wheel a little to get key out. Good luck, all old cars have their quirks

adpic.jpg

38-A46154-928-A-4-FD3-B7-B6-30-BA0-A5-BBE6-F.jpgHi all,  We are very excited that our 73 mustang arrived from california today.

The car has arrived in tiptop condition, however the key will not come out of the ignition and the ignition barrel will not turn all the way to the lock position.   Is this common and any help would be appreciated as it has stumped us all in how to remove the key.  The car is at the mechanics to get the roadworthy and even they cant seem to get it out at this stage.

Beautiful ride!  Looks like you're mostly there.  Good luck and welcome from Houston Texas!

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

Nice. Welcome from Oregon .

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Welcome from west Michigan.

To piggyback on what Don said, if there is no rod attached to the lever move it in the upwards direction.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Welcome from Germany. Really nice ride.

Frank

1972 Mach 1, 351C-2V, wimbledon white, blue all vinyl luxury

born in Dearborn, grown in the district of San José, spent a lifetime in California, moved to Germany in 2010

Mustang_Mach1_wallpaper_300_150.jpg proud member of clublogozusammen.JPG.59fb4a10d15cfff9ec756235059135b8.JPG

Welcome from Central New York.

Really love that color.

Mike

Thanks everyone my mechanic has sorted out the key cant wait to get it registered and start cruising

Hello and a warm welcome from SW Ontario, Canada.

Looks like you have a fine car there to enjoy. Please let us have more pictures when you get a chance. We LOVE pictures!!

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Thanks everyone my mechanic has sorted out the key cant wait to get it registered and start cruising

That seemed reasonably painless ?  Glad it arrived unscathed.  Let's know if I can help at all.  From Mackay, Qld.

rom Mackay, Qld.Autobarn-23rd-Nov-2019.jpg

• Like 1

Hey ....Pom here  :P

Welcome from UK  ::thumb::  nice car

wizzy.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=7211]Visit My Treasure chest[/button]

Welcome from Omaha!

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!

Welcome from San Diego California.

- Mike

Nice ride ::thumb:: 

Welcome from Adelaide

Adelaide

73 Mach 1

Welcome from the Buckeye State - If I ever repaint, I would really look hard at a color like yours - Looks really good, and I like it with the black stripes.

• Like 1

1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX, trick flow  heads

Lunati retro roller conversion ("stockish" specs with high lift).

Classic Auto AC

Manual Front Disc conversion

620 lb front and 5-leaf HD rear springs w/Gas-adjust shocks

IMG-2977.jpg

Welcome from Western Oz

Nice ride and color

What part of this island are you at?

P1030238.jpg

Hello and welcome from Germany

Juergen